Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing Tips For Newbies

cmonletsgo

hey,

i'm new to the clubbing scene and have only been to clubs a couple of times. i went the other night but i have to ask, how do you get a chick to dance with you? should u ask them? i have no problem asking, but a.) i dunno if they'll be able to hear me over the blaring music and b.) i dunno if i'll look stupid asking 'cause if a chicks already on the dance floor, she probably wants to dance [but not necessarily with me?]

also, how should u approach a chick and start dancing with her? i mean, i dont want to scare them off or dance with them if they dont want to dance with me.

any other tips or advice, please let me know- thanks.

Originally posted by cmonletsgo

hey,

i'm new to the clubbing scene and have only been to clubs a couple of times. i went the other night but i have to ask, how do you get a chick to dance with you? should u ask them? i have no problem asking, but a.) i dunno if they'll be able to hear me over the blaring music and b.) i dunno if i'll look stupid asking 'cause if a chicks already on the dance floor, she probably wants to dance [but not necessarily with me?]

also, how should u approach a chick and start dancing with her? i mean, i dont want to scare them off or dance with them if they dont want to dance with me.

any other tips or advice, please let me know- thanks.

just start dancing around her "area"....get a little closer (and I mean A LITTLE) and smile a lot....(dont try to act all "COOL & Suave" ...if she turns her back or moves away, then she doesnt wanna dance with you...DO NOT persist...No matter HOW HOT you think she is...thats a BIG turn off.... DOnt Ask....thats just corny...if she doesnt turn away or move back....and you see her smiling go a bit closer...BUT NOT too Fast...take your time....dont look desperate ;) ;) ;)

i hate it when guys just try to start dancing with me. when i'm dancing, i'm in my zone, and i do not want to be disturbed. i go out dancing to dance, after all, not to wait for some guy to sidle up next to me and jiggle about. i'll be around for the rest of the night; the guy can talk to me when i'm off the floor or just standing around. and yes, i want to be talked to, like a person.

sorry to differ so much from glow and make this harder, but that's the way i feel about it.

i do think, though, that it's easy to tell that those are my feelings on the matter by the way i dance. i'm much more into it than most people, and my eyes are closed a lot of the time. i think you just have to try and be in tune with people.

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

just start dancing around her "area"....get a little closer (and I mean A LITTLE) and smile a lot....(dont try to act all "COOL & Suave" ...if she turns her back or moves away, then she doesnt wanna dance with you...DO NOT persist...No matter HOW HOT you think she is...thats a BIG turn off.... DOnt Ask....thats just corny...if she doesnt turn away or move back....and you see her smiling go a bit closer...BUT NOT too Fast...take your time....dont look desperate ;) ;) ;)

listen to this woman!!!

Originally posted by weyes

sorry to differ so much from glow and make this harder, but that's the way i feel about it.

i do think, though, that it's easy to tell that those are my feelings on the matter by the way i dance. i'm much more into it than most people, and my eyes are closed a lot of the time.

well..when I dance all I wanna do is dry hump a guido's leg....ask anyone that knows me... :blank:;):laugh:

simply put -- :D yes-- listen to glow-- :D

it's funny to me that everyone agrees with glow so emphatically, 'cause all of my friends feel the way i do about this :confused: . maybe we go out to the places we do for different reasons. i think there are big differences between dancers, people in love with the music, dj worshippers, and clubbers. a lot of people are a mix of those, but definitely more of a percentage of some factors than the others.

personally, i'd say i'm a dancer first, that being almost all of it. then comes the music, then the djs, and i'm not really a clubber. for instance, i like spundae, but i will not go there unless someone i really like is spinning. and i don't go out just to meet guys.

i hope someone understands what i'm talking about :) .

but, because i come to dance - i am a dancer - it's a very special and personal thing to me. i can't just share that with someone i don't know. i can't dance with someone who doesn't love it all the way i do.

weyes, i think i know what u mean. i like to dance too, but i also like to go to the club to meet people. thats why i hate it when i want to dance with someone but its one of those chicks that likes to dance alone [one of those chicks that is only at the club for the sole purpose of dancing]. i kind of wish they had separate rooms for people who "just want to dance" and for people "who want to dance and meet people."

personally, i'd say i'm a dancer first

but, because i come to dance - i am a dancer - it's a very special and personal thing to me. i can't just share that with someone i don't know. i can't dance with someone who doesn't love it all the way i do.

honey....the MAIN reason I go out is to DANCE...so you are speaking to the WRONG person about this....

...this is my area... so before you make false assumptions by critisizing people you OBVIOUSLY dont know...first you might wanna do some research ;):D

honey....the MAIN reason I go out is to DANCE...so you are speaking to the WRONG person about this....

...this is my area... so before you make false assumptions by critisizing people you OBVIOUSLY dont know...first you might wanna do some research ;):D

i'm not criticizing anyone; i'm just explaining why i feel the way i do.

i didn't pass judgment on you in any way. i am simply saying that we are different people, and therefore we like to be approached by others in different ways.

please don't be so defensive as to think i am ever attacking anyone, and there is no need for sarcastic nicknames or smilies.

i am simply saying that we are different people, and therefore we like to be approached by others in different ways.

obviously we are different people, but not different in the sence that we ONLY go out to DANCE...first of all, i personally DO NOT like being approached @ a party or club...

But, Ironically I cant say that I havent met someone in a club, because I met my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years @ the limelight....not only is he my boyfriend, but he's my soulmate & best friend....so i guess it all depends on what your destiny is...he was dancing in a circle, and I stepped in (which is something I rarely do, unless I REALLY like the way the person(guy or girl) is feeling the music and feel that we can connect while we dance) ..since then we've been together every single day since...and I havent been happier in my entire life... ;):)

obviously we are different people, but not different in the sence that we ONLY go out to DANCE...first of all, i personally DO NOT like being approached @ a party or club...

But, Ironically I cant say that I havent met someone in a club, because I met my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years @ the limelight....not only is he my boyfriend, but he's my soulmate & best friend....so i guess it all depends on what your destiny is...he was dancing in a circle, and I stepped in (which is something I rarely do, unless I REALLY like the way the person(guy or girl) is feeling the music and feel that we can connect while we dance) ..since then we've been together every single day since...and I havent been happier in my entire life... ;):)

I 100% agree with despina-- we damn well better meet someday :) hahaha

I havent gone out and danced FOR REAL in such a long time and so miss it :( -like you say - it is the most uplifting feeling when you can dance and connect like that with people -- no words necessary :D

when I am in NY finally ... I am going to throw down hard core -- before I lose it ! :)

i hate it when guys just try to start dancing with me. when i'm dancing, i'm in my zone, and i do not want to be disturbed. i go out dancing to dance, after all, not to wait for some guy to sidle up next to me and jiggle about. i'll be around for the rest of the night; the guy can talk to me when i'm off the floor or just standing around. and yes, i want to be talked to, like a person.

I agree 100%.

i hate it when guys just try to start dancing with me. when i'm dancing, i'm in my zone, and i do not want to be disturbed. i go out dancing to dance, after all, not to wait for some guy to sidle up next to me and jiggle about. .

well...it's a GOOD thing I dont have to deal with this problem anymore...my boyfriend blocks them AWAY from me ;) ;) ;)

• 6 years later...

Ok well I sympathize with the topic of this thread because I feel most clubs have an awkward environment for the single male trying to branch out and have some fun. For instance, I was at Chubbys with a group of my friends tonight and the club was hoppin, but the male/female ratio was wack (more males tonight). However I noticed one girl I made eye contact with and smiled with. I went over to her and had my friend go after her friend and ask for a dance. We got rejected. We went over to the main floor and found 2 girls dancing with what seemed to be no one. I went for one; my bud went for the other; rejected. We approached a grp of girls that my bud tried to just start dancing with and I didn't even go there because I knew these girls just wanted to dance in their little trio. He got rejected. I told him, "Fuck this place, nothing but stuck up bitches that just want to grind on each other."

Certain clubs seem to have wack politics. You have to know if they are there with a date or are they willing to go away from their friend to dance with you. It seems to me that this is all arbitrary and no matter how good looking you are, you have to find the right person. There are clubs I've been too where you can approach almost any girl and ask to dance and she is willing.

It shouldn't be bullshit mind games just to have a good time and dance. I wasn't there tonight to get laid, but yet I didn't even dance with anyone. It does piss me off. I also agree that people who are single and looking to just chill and dance should have separate quarters. Send the mind game lesbians to another area where they grind their cunts out of site. Also if you are going to a club just to dance by yourself you are wasting your money. The whole point of a club environment is to mingle and meet new people, not be separational and anti-social.