Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yikes!

crank47

http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/Offbeat/0,5583,2-1343-1347_1302531,00.html

Teen survives poo plunge

Ottowa - A 15-year-old Canadian boy has survived after falling into an open manhole and being swept away by a stream of human waste.

Christopher Watt climbed through the manhole as a dare by his friends before falling into Ottawa's main sewer system.

He was eventually rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatuses more than a kilometre from where he first fell in.

"I guess he is our very lucky Sewer Boy. He is very fortunate this came to a happy ending," Pat McNally, director of utility services, told the National Post.

Wayne Brownlee, from Ottawa Fire Services said: "Why anybody would go down there is beyond me because, I tell you, when you open it up - phew - you know it is a sanitary sewer."

Once he was pulled to safety Christopher walked to the fire department's hazardous materials truck where he was decontaminated and was taken to hospital, although he suffered no injuries.

"In the end, the worst part of the ordeal was what he was swimming in. It was a bad place to fall," said Acting Platoon Chief Brownlee.

About 60 firefighters, a dozen police officers and several ambulance crews and city workers were involved in the rescue and the incident is being investigated.

Susan Watt, Christopher's mother said: "We're all very tired. He realises he has had a near-death experience and he is still really emotionally stressed about it. He really thought he was going to die down there.

"I just want those rescue workers to know how grateful we are for what they did. They saved his life." - ananova.com

Originally posted by crank47

http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/Offbeat/0,5583,2-1343-1347_1302531,00.html

Teen survives poo plunge

Ottowa - A 15-year-old Canadian boy has survived after falling into an open manhole and being swept away by a stream of human waste.

Christopher Watt climbed through the manhole as a dare by his friends before falling into Ottawa's main sewer system.

He was eventually rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatuses more than a kilometre from where he first fell in.

"I guess he is our very lucky Sewer Boy. He is very fortunate this came to a happy ending," Pat McNally, director of utility services, told the National Post.

Wayne Brownlee, from Ottawa Fire Services said: "Why anybody would go down there is beyond me because, I tell you, when you open it up - phew - you know it is a sanitary sewer."

Once he was pulled to safety Christopher walked to the fire department's hazardous materials truck where he was decontaminated and was taken to hospital, although he suffered no injuries.

"In the end, the worst part of the ordeal was what he was swimming in. It was a bad place to fall," said Acting Platoon Chief Brownlee.

About 60 firefighters, a dozen police officers and several ambulance crews and city workers were involved in the rescue and the incident is being investigated.

Susan Watt, Christopher's mother said: "We're all very tired. He realises he has had a near-death experience and he is still really emotionally stressed about it. He really thought he was going to die down there.

"I just want those rescue workers to know how grateful we are for what they did. They saved his life." - ananova.com

I know how that kid must've felt. This one time, I had a bad trip at an Oakie show, and I kept thinking to myself that I was gonna die and the last thing I'd be hearing was his crap.