Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would you eat somewhere...

georgym

Nah service is everything. If the service pisses you off. No matter how good the food is. You are not going to enjoy it because you are going to be too pre-occupied being pissed off that the waiter/waitress is taking there sweet ass time to get to you. For example. The food is tasting great. But you are out of beverage. Me in peticular sip with just about every bite. Therefore if I have no drink I will not be enjoying my meal. If I am waiting to eat because I want a beverage then the meal will get cold.

GOOD SERVICE IS KEY!!!

Originally posted by incredulous

like today :mad:

I know :mad: .... That waitress didn't have a freakin clue. Didn't take down what we wanted to drink til about 15 minutes after we got there....then brought out the appetizer and food out at the SAME time....:mad: It also didn't help that the food was horrible :(

Originally posted by gmccookny

where the food is good, but the service sucks :confused:

well depends on the how good the food, and how poor the service... and does this include chefs/cooks and dishwashers??? more importantly tony takes me to places in chinatown and other soul food joints of his ppl and the service towards us round eyes is horrible... however the food is exquisite...

Originally posted by dgmodel

well depends on the how good the food, and how poor the service... and does this include chefs/cooks and dishwashers??? more importantly tony takes me to places in chinatown and other soul food joints of his ppl and the service towards us round eyes is horrible... however the food is exquisite...

Well, it could include chefs and/or dishwashers if you interact with them. I know a wonderful restaurant in long beach where the chef comes out to say hello, and that only adds to the charm.

See, when u and tony go to a chinese restaurant in chinatown, i can understand them staring. I used to go there with my friend John, and certain places, they would stare and move on.

But im talking about the evil eye, the "what do you want?" or " hurry up and finish your food" stare. I can't stand when restaurants do that. And when they do, i put them on my hitlist of places condemned :cool:

reminds me of a story :laugh: :

many years back, my aunt and i were traveling through oberlin, ohio, and went to a pizza hut (there's nothing better there, so we started off on the wrong foot :tongue: ). it was a sit-down thing, i don't know if all of them are, 'cause i've never been to one since and i hadn't been to one previously.

anyway, the waiter brought out my one-person pizza before hers, and she threw a loud-ass fit. i mean yelling, literally. she sent mine back, and told the guy to come back when both were ready. the manager even came out, 'cause of all the fuss, and gave her a coupon for a free pizza, next time. she had to throw in a comment that there wouldn't be a next time. i was sooooo embarrassed.

but i don't think one can really hold a place like pizza hut to such high standards. anyone with me on this?

depends...i let a lot slide, since i am a server/bartender myself, so i am pretty easygoing as a guest...everyone has bad days, so it has to be pretty bad service for me to get angry. but when a server is rude or when i do get aggravated, then i usually won't go back.