Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why roxy fridays came to an end...

After building a relationship with paul morris and jimmy van m, Two of the biggest international management companies, two great men who recognized the terrible financial economy we're in had agreed to lower the price of the international dj's, thereby, the promoters would lower the price of the admission to the customers and keep it at maybe 25 or 30.00 admission max and the house would lower the rental to the promoters...everyone was a winner..the house would benefit because the customer could afford the cost and there would be greater volumn for bar sales...The sexy at the roxy party would be over but a new party would begin which was all about the music..what aluv and frankie santos would've done is to make the roxy The ministry of sound or cream of the u.s. with the international dj management companies help..this night would have been incredible..a consistant music driven night that could have become the signature venue for music especially with a 400,000 phazon sound system. Instead the ownership and management has decided to rent out the venue to one off's. So for now, this concept is on the back burner so to say..I myself was offered an opportunity to climb aboard exit fridays and help with changing the current party to where it was once upon a time and also with some new direction..bring in a fresh new flava to a great venue..

I am working with many talented american dj's and will give chances to other up and coming dj's who deserve a shot..Exits new evolution party would not have competed with this music party at the roxy but would have complimented it by offering to new york two totally different types of parties in big venues..I know aluv and frankie very well...there not sleeping..sooner or later something big will happen for them bringing to ny a music scene venue for all the music heads...

anyway..thats why it ended if anyone wants to know

All in all, it's very upsetting to me. Roxy contained the best fri night venue for a long period of time. Its sad the way this party came to a close. I understand where your coming from Bob, you mentioned this whole principle to me last time i've spoken to you which was during AVB i believe. I hope evolution evolves into half of what roxy used to be. Over this past year i've felt that roxy was not longer a club to me but rather my fri night home. The atmosphere was one of the best in my opinion and it will be very hard to find a similar one. I will def come visit and support evolution, but I really will miss roxy.