Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$100 to get into Exit on New Years Eve!

Management at Exit needs a reality check, they are absolute thieves! A few hours after the ball dropped, some friends from the house party we were at decided to go to Exit to check out the party in the White Room. Thank god I decided not to go! My friends each paid $100 to get in and when they go up to the White Room, it was closed! After spending an hour or so among the horrid crowd, they ran into a waiter who always takes care of them in the White Room. He took them up to White Room and actually opened it for them, what the hell good is that when no one else is in there? Off to Saci After Hours they went.

I hope Crobar opens sometime in 2003 and puts Exit out of business! The venue is full of paranoid security, rude bartenders and a management team that only cares about how much money they make and not the party itself. If they knew anything about promoting, they'd know if they had a good party in there every weekend, they wouldnt have to charge everyone so much money because there would be more people going.

Sometimes less = more

Exit = bad experience

Originally posted by ericone

if u went to exit on nye, u deserve to pay $100, probably even $200 just for being an idiot.:tongue::laugh:

I didnt go, a few friends went. If you've ever been to the White Room, the after hours party is pretty good. Personally I'd never go back to Exit in any room!

Originally posted by njdionysus

Management at Exit needs a reality check, they are absolute thieves! A few hours after the ball dropped, some friends from the house party we were at decided to go to Exit to check out the party in the White Room. Thank god I decided not to go! My friends each paid $100 to get in and when they go up to the White Room, it was closed! After spending an hour or so among the horrid crowd, they ran into a waiter who always takes care of them in the White Room. He took them up to White Room and actually opened it for them, what the hell good is that when no one else is in there? Off to Saci After Hours they went.

I hope Crobar opens sometime in 2003 and puts Exit out of business! The venue is full of paranoid security, rude bartenders and a management team that only cares about how much money they make and not the party itself. If they knew anything about promoting, they'd know if they had a good party in there every weekend, they wouldnt have to charge everyone so much money because there would be more people going.

Sometimes less = more

Exit = bad experience

Metro cost me 80$:mad:

okay... so my $.02 on this...

i'm sorry that your friends shelled out $100 for exit nye and had horrible time, but they should have known upon seeing the graphics of the madonna head with three set of eyes planted on a muscle body that exit was prepped for a gay party.

jr threw his new years party from 4am to midnight 1/1/03 and i can't speak for the ppl who paid to see oakenfold for the like 2 hour set he did, but i paid my $100 for jr.'s party. and it was what i expected, jr's usual gay crowd and more it was more mixed than i expect. and i seriously don't think the club HAD to charge $100 a pop to make money.... that place was packed shoulder to shoulder for the majority of the 9 hours i was there.

i am not trying to defend exit or it's promoters, but just trying to shed light on the type of party your friend probably should have realized it was going to turn out to be...

Originally posted by m0chi69

okay... so my $.02 on this...

i'm sorry that your friends shelled out $100 for exit nye and had horrible time, but they should have known upon seeing the graphics of the madonna head with three set of eyes planted on a muscle body that exit was prepped for a gay party.

jr threw his new years party from 4am to midnight 1/1/03 and i can't speak for the ppl who paid to see oakenfold for the like 2 hour set he did, but i paid my $100 for jr.'s party. and it was what i expected, jr's usual gay crowd and more it was more mixed than i expect. and i seriously don't think the club HAD to charge $100 a pop to make money.... that place was packed shoulder to shoulder for the majority of the 9 hours i was there.

i am not trying to defend exit or it's promoters, but just trying to shed light on the type of party your friend probably should have realized it was going to turn out to be...

I don't they said anything about it being gay, just that the white room wasn't open........ and that it was opened for them but there was no one in there. I don't know I have given that place plenty of chances and it always seems to disapoint me.

no... i don't think they realized it was going to be a gay party... that's why i posted my useless essay. plus, maybe i felt like i had to defend my own ego, i shelled out 100 beans for the party.... and i had a great time.

in any case, i've never been to exit for anything other than one of jr.'s afterhours sets, so i really don't know what else to expect outta that place other than that. the fag hag that i am :D

but i the whole time i was there, the third floor was closed, there was a thread on the ny board where someone told me security said it was b/c of a leak. that's probably the reason it was never open to begin with.