Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Article in today's NY post

DETROIT

MAYBE it's time for P. Diddy to come back to New York. During his ill-fated holiday vacation in Miami, the rap mogul's overzealous "security" goons sparked brawls at both Opium Garden and Mynt nightclubs, as we reported Friday. But His Diddyness wasn't through causing grief. One night, he booked a 10 p.m. reservation for 15 at the new South Beach eatery Sabor. But by the time he showed up with galpal Kim Porter, Lenny Kravitz, Jamie Foxx and Andre Harrell, it was after midnight. The chef and the tired staff stayed on to serve them.

Originally posted by fwilso01

MAYBE it's time for P. Diddy to come back to New York. During his ill-fated holiday vacation in Miami, the rap mogul's overzealous "security" goons sparked brawls at both Opium Garden and Mynt nightclubs, as we reported Friday. But His Diddyness wasn't through causing grief. One night, he booked a 10 p.m. reservation for 15 at the new South Beach eatery Sabor. But by the time he showed up with galpal Kim Porter, Lenny Kravitz, Jamie Foxx and Andre Harrell, it was after midnight. The chef and the tired staff stayed on to serve them.

:blown:

If P. Diddy was late for a reservation past the closing time of my restaurant, I'd expect a big tip or I'd just close up as normal. Celebrity bullshit at it's finest. NY Post is right, he should go back to New York.

I can sympathize preferential treatment in some cases. If P. Diddy came to my restaurant during normal business hours, I'd "help" him out just because I wouldn't want a riot on my hands if I sat him in the normal section, from the fans clamoring to say hello and all...same for a club, come in the back door, your table is this way...just to avoid a general panic from crazed fans out front...but I wouldn't go way out of my way to re-open or keep open a place of business just for him, unless a substantial sum for me and my employees was involved.

Ummmmm…. Look at all the press that restaurant is getting for going out of their way! Now, all the want-to-be-hip in Miami will be calling for reservations. Sure, some of you guys laugh at my “Celebrity” publicity ideas, but this shit works. Its stupid, but it works.

P Diddy should be thanking lucky stars for being where he's at, to begin with...talent? Nuh...not a bit...now his celebrity status comes first from himself...he's the first one to remind the world about what he does and why he should get his ass kissed. The guy can't pump gas at the corner without getting in a fight...he's safe where he's at but the day he really fucks up, the legal system is going to let him go down so close to hell, he's going to be sorry he didn't pay attention to his 401K.

Funk Diddy :cool: