Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think trance is making a comeback?

georgeacasta2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trance in generally, NO WAY. But Vocal trance has a shot. there is alot of good trax out there, but people aren't giving em a chance

example, Yet another Day by AVB. By far one of the best songs i heard in awhile. it has the ability to be an anthem over here on the east coast. I know in Vegas its one of the hottest songs rite now

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I personally don't think so. The same thing happened to break dance. It gradually faded away.

i dont think its making a "comeback", but its def. hanging around in a very big way...in other words, its not a "fad"...its evolving, but dance music has a way of doing that...its all a circle, it will make a surge into dance music again...btw, Break Beats and other styles of dance music use "Break Dancing":idea:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

Break Beats and other styles of dance music use "Break Dancing":idea:

I know, it's minimal compared to when breakdance was in style. There's always been breakdancing crews wether breakin was instyle or not so breakin never really went away. It's just not mainstream anymore.

IMO trance's best years are behind it.

Trance has stuck around to some degree.

Guest saleen351

TRANCE IS OUR GENERATIONS DISCO... JUST LET IT GO... CLUBS CAN'T MAKE MONEY ON IT ANY MORE... THEREFORE YOU WON'T SEE IT AROUND TOO MUCH LONGER..

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN (VOCAL) TRANCE.......

& TRANCE IN ITSELF.....??

HOUSE?./ PROGRESSIVE HOUSE?/ BREAKS? OR ANY OTHER DANCE BEAT?.....

IT'S STILL ELECTRONIC MUSIC...... IT'S JUST PRESENTED DIFFERENTLY FROM ONE DJ TO ANOTHER.....

OBVIOUSLY SOME PRESENT IT BETTER THAN OTHERS OR PRODUCE IT BETTER THAN OTHERS..... ELECTRONIC MUSIC.... HOWEVER YOU PERFER TO LISTEN/ PLAY/ SPIN/ OR JAM IN ANYWAY THAT CATCHES YOUR VIBE WILL BE AROUND NO MATTER HOW MUCH U HATE A PARTICULAR SOUND OR BEAT....... WHETHER IT'S IN THE PAST/ PRESENT/ OR FAR FUTURE...... FOR GOODNESS SAKE THE GOVERNMENT TRIED BANNING ELECTRONIC MUSIC (THE RAVE ACT) & GUESS WHAT......

THE FAILED!!!!!!

Trance = Drugs to about 90% of all people who listen to to it, so once they realize they can't be fucked up every night then they will choose to listen to other genres that they can dance more to. Trance is only getting big because of the enmormous amount of 18 yr olds looking for something other then rap to listen to and to get fucked up (Sad Fact But True).

Originally posted by djdekan

Trance = Drugs to about 90% of all people who listen to to it,

WTF?!?!?!?!??!:eek:

I'm not even gonna get into this....all I have to say is that I think you are very wrong. Yes, a lot of people who listen to trance do or have taken drugs, but ur % is off IMO and it bothers me each time everyone says stuff like u just did. If people have to take drugs to appreciate/understand the music each and everytime they listen to it then they r just a irresponsible and half-baked people who like drugs and use the excuse of needing it "for the music" to keep doing them:( :rolleyes:

Guest saleen351

I'D SAY 70% OF TRANCE FANS ARE UNDER AGED DRUGGED UP IDIOTS...

not bashing you drug users, but i really don't know many or any non drug using clubbers on this board, i'm not knocking you for it, just i can't really take your opinions on music as real, since you are all fucked up...

Originally posted by djdekan

Trance = Drugs to about 90% of all people who listen to to it, so once they realize they can't be fucked up every night then they will choose to listen to other genres that they can dance more to. Trance is only getting big because of the enmormous amount of 18 yr olds looking for something other then rap to listen to and to get fucked up (Sad Fact But True).

Dude. WTF are u taling bout????

Electronic music alone. unfortunatly has the reputation of - drugs. not trance/but house...Ie (house sessions @ space) so it's not just trance that people listen to for drugs...it's the whole electronic famaly...w/e it consists of..that was a ver naive thing to say....wherever you go...ur gonna find drugs ... @ any club or party..it's a fact of life. Dont go blamming it on Trance alone!

I don't think Trance is dead it still has its fans, not as large as before I'll admit. But shit, the Main Trance DJ still pack the clubs.

and Maybe in Miami its a little played out but in Europe its still kicking strong from what I hear...

and Dekan what's up with the Drug's Comment? that could be a whole new huge drama thread but why go into it, as far as for the youngins, 18 years for example yeah you could say trance is an excuse to go get yourself fucked up on stuff, but 18 year olds are not the ones who pack the clubs and spend the dollars when the big DJ's come down....just my tid bits of info.

I just think both David and George the ones who use to be our main local Trance DJ's there popularity has dropped tremendously......so that has hurt Miami Trance fo sure.

I went religiously to shadow lounge for a year during acosta's heyday. I can say from experience that practically the entire club looked like it was rolling. I also went religiously to the aquabooty parties and I would say 100 percent of the club did not look like it was rolling.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I went religiously to shadow lounge for a year during acosta's heyday. I can say from experience that practically the entire club looked like it was rolling. I also went religiously to the aquabooty parties and I would say 100 percent of the club did not look like it was rolling.

Check out Space House sessions on Saturday nights..and tell me you dont see 90% of everyone F'd up on some shyt!

NO drama was intended, just know from experience and you have to remeber Miami is 21 everywhere else in the country is basically 18 to get in so the kids are doing something.

Man didnt want to cause all this Drama, Im a HUGE Trance Head, my number may be off a little but maybe for Tiesto ill walk around and ask everyone if there rolling.

Why deny it? Yes, there where lots of drugs going around in the hey-day of trance...if you are talking about Miami specifically, then go ahead and write the comeback off...it won't come back with intensity that it used to have, no way...that shit was epic! Since the whole experience (including X) was new...it meant way much more than just music...people that didn't know each other where actually having a good time together at a club...big difference from the coked-up days of disco when parties used to end up in fights most every night...David and George where local gods...they had "the drug" which was the music...and trance was the love drug...I'm not very romantic about things...I'm always looking for the next best thing...nowadays, I find myself enjoying Prog Tech a lot...and I mean a lot...it's like my brain is in tune with it...I have nothing to say against drugs and freewill, to each its own...Deep House it's also very cool...I mean, if a Dj can take a set from Deep House to Prog Tech and peek with a little bit of trance for a while and then play some chill, then I'm cool with that...fact is, there are not many Djs out there that embrace different genres...most like to be identified with a single style of music...I guess because crowds are not as flexible in taste as they used to be before...what the hell I know?

peace

Funk :cool:

Originally posted by sunnyhost

WTF?!?!?!?!??!:eek:

I'm not even gonna get into this....all I have to say is that I think you are very wrong. Yes, a lot of people who listen to trance do or have taken drugs, but ur % is off IMO and it bothers me each time everyone says stuff like u just did. If people have to take drugs to appreciate/understand the music each and everytime they listen to it then they r just a irresponsible and half-baked people who like drugs and use the excuse of needing it "for the music" to keep doing them:( :rolleyes:

guess you must not realize what goes on in space...... u r telling me nobody in Space... is fucked up on some kind of drug.....or some type of illegal substance....OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

oh yeah.... SPACE just happens to have afterhours because they like playing music @ 7 am- ????.... sure think about it...

Originally posted by mjm420

guess you must not realize what goes on in space...... u r telling me nobody in Space... is fucked up on some kind of drug.....or some type of illegal substance....OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

oh yeah.... SPACE just happens to have afterhours because they like playing music @ 7 am- ????.... sure think about it...

SHE WAS JUST SAYING THAT NOT EVERYONE THAT LIKES TRANCE IS ON DRUGS. THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE IN SPACE ON DRUGS...THAT'S TRUE...BUT NOT EVERYONE.

Originally posted by mjm420

Hay puh-lease...Did i say no-1?!?!? NO..go back and read what I wrote. I said that I just disagree with the % that dekan used. I know a lot pf people, including myself, who go to Space and drink like fish and still get a lot out of the music. I also know a lot of people who stay home Saturday nights, wake up and go to SPace like at 5am to enjoy the patio and drink. Please don't continue to insult me and tell me to think and open my eyes b/c I have thought ab it and I do see a lot of shit go on right in front of my face. However, do I think that eeeeveryone there does some kind of drug?!?!? Nope.