Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gemini Decks

bassboy

Are they really that bad?

I am dying to start spinning and I can two Gemini decks and a mixer for 300. How bad are they, when I see Technics 1200 and 1230's going for 4x the price when they are used also.

What is a good setup to start then, and can I trust those fucks on Ebay?

Lots of Q's for someone that doesn't hand on the music board, sorry!;)

go to your local dj shop and ask alot of questions(thats what I did)....I bought an american dj setup...I know everyone gonna say they suk...but hey they do the job, and I got off cheap.....you dont wanna spend alot of money on something you dont know you'll want to keep doing a year or 2 from now......

Dont get me wrong I do love using both my friends denon 9000's but couldnt afford it then...and still cant....:D

hey what are friend 4....

Thanks Guys.....:D

ps- I would never buy anything off ebay....especially anything used....

I would get the cheap numark or stanton tables before buying the gemini's. I've used the stanton str-80's and they seem to work fine...Never actually used the gemini's, but from seeing them at the shop, they don't seem that well built. The new numarks are pretty nice... If you don't want to spend the $$ it is OK to not buy technics...there are alternatives for novice dj's.

Are they really that bad?

not that bad. you said 300 bucks, are they direct drive? the question really is longevity. they will do fine for learning the basics, but once you know enough to notice the difference, you will notice a difference. if you can say to yourself that you know youre going to be playing in 5 yrs. wait and save for good tt's and a good mixer. if you have to get them NOW! the gem pt2400 aint bad, the numark tt2's werent bad, or stanton str8100 aint to shabby. mixer- the only half decent low grade mixer imo is the numark dm1001. no other has 3 eq's, which you need

start w quality equipment and take care of it, like i didn't. save $$$$$ in the long run.

personally, i would wait and save your money and get technics. it will save you money in the long run and youll be starting off on the best. i lost so much money in the past by buying shit and everytime i bought shit a month later i would be getting rid of it to buy the best piece. take my advice, save your money and get the technics:D