Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some pics from Africa

kramadas

OK, here are some pics from our trip to AFrica. A few points to note:

1) Amy developed these and I'm not even sure if the link below will work.

2) There are some REALLY crappy shots of me, but I don't know how to delete them, so I'm gonna keep em. BTW, most of you know me anyway, so I don't care! :tongue:

3) Disposable cameras are NOT well suited for wildlife photography! All the animals were a LOT closer than they appear on film...luckily we took a lot of "footage" with our camcorder as well.

4) I can't find the photos we took at the Total Solar Eclipse festival.

http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share?invite=iEhr4l5qkPY5iz98khUo

Originally posted by raver_mania

OK, here are some pics from our trip to AFrica. A few points to note:

1) Amy developed these and I'm not even sure if the link below will work.

http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share?invite=iEhr4l5qkPY5iz98khUo

oh ok dude, blame Amy for the pics, we know, ur the one that messed up with when taking the pictures :D

and what is this footage that ur talking about? :shaky:

Originally posted by sassa

so beautiful! i loved africa when i was there...it's definitely one of the most peaceful, serene, and amazing places on the planet to visit...

and the people...are in a total different category. beautiful.

Which part of Africa did you visit, and how long were you there?

I LOVE Africa, like you said, very serene and beautiful (if you're away from the city centers), especially South Africa!

Damn, I think I should just move over there and become a game ranger - no need to worry about terrorists, or war, or WMD's! *sigh*

i was in botswana, south africa, swaziland, and this small kingdom in SA called bophuthatswana (??)

even thought i got robbed and cut the second day i was in johannesburg, the trip was amazing...

south africans know how to drink! my friends were chugging castles every minute...

definitely have to go back in the near future! :)

Originally posted by cookiegirl

In Africa? Are you kidding? :rolleyes:

Africa is a very large region - I was talking about Southern Africa. Down in Botswana and South AFrica, you don't see any war, terrorists, etc - in the 16 or so years I lived there, I didn't see one hint of war.

Especially when you're in a large national park..its so easy to forget about the vicious world waiting outside, basking in that serene environment!

Originally posted by sassa

i was in botswana, south africa, swaziland, and this small kingdom in SA called bophuthatswana (??)

even thought i got robbed and cut the second day i was in johannesburg, the trip was amazing...

south africans know how to drink! my friends were chugging castles every minute...

definitely have to go back in the near future! :)

Most definitely! Unfortunately, the crime situation in South Africa is pretty bad, but thats not enought to keep me away.

I grew up in Botswana - which parts did you visit?

Originally posted by raver_mania

Most definitely! Unfortunately, the crime situation in South Africa is pretty bad, but thats not enought to keep me away.

I grew up in Botswana - which parts did you visit?

just around the south....and a game reserve for a bit...gemsbok i think...we were driving around there from SA...

even if the crime sucks...i've never met so many nice people in one place....everyone was beautiful....and the food.......:drool: