Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Therapy in Providence WOW

yeah i know its not NYC but who cares, place was off the chain!

It's an Art Gallery by day apparently, and the design of this place is crazy...all kinds of crazy imagery, sculptures and whatnot

The sound system is awesome, ive heard people drop the name Martin Audio, i dont really know what that entails..but it is GOOD

Proggy all nite on the main floor, excellent lights...they have a nice downtempo lounge/hallway...very well thought out!

It felt like a little slice of NY that somehow got dropped in Providence..not only that, its nicer inside than the NYC clubs ive been too!

Definatly reccomend this to anyone in the area...

its only open Sat nights 2-7, but they have a sister club that is open from Sunday 8-1 (PULSE)

Just had to let you all know there is life outside the city!

Originally posted by nycchic24

just curious but what did you think of the dj's/music last night. (one of my friends was spinning at therapy)

not sure of most of their names, but whoever opened had some mixing troubles to start out, but decent track selection, and then the guy that took over after him was pretty good (dj diesel maybe?)...downstairs a dude tim was playing nice deep house, and another guy was playing with him that was good too, but later on in the night some guy started playing commercial trance so i didnt get down there much after that!

And i usally go out in Hartford (Vibe)..and ive been to OZ/Gotham in New Haven, but didnt like it.

And the marco V event was the one i was supposed to photograph, but it was crazy sketch, the flyer said Marco Z!

but now that ive been there, i hope they get some more big names out there...Manolo is supposed to be the resident i think, but he didnt play Sat night, but i saw him there..so who knows?

RockSteadyCT, I work at Alchemy in New Haven, under their lounge, they are due to open a new room called Priveledge (I know, Ibiza :tongue: ) that is going to be 18+ or 19+, management has yet to figure that one out, but it's going to be main and afterhours. It's a very large space and if done right will compliment the New Haven scene. DJ spots are yet to be filled. I don't know if you DJ much in the area or where you've spun, but if you're interested or know anyone good who would be, PM me. I'm tight with management and they appreciate it when the staff brings in new talent and performers (I seasonally bartend). As it stands, Gotham's OZ is a disgrace to afterhours in New Haven. Remember the good ol' days of System vs. Insomnia? Hartford was amazing then...

Originally posted by nycalexct

RockSteadyCT, I work at Alchemy in New Haven, under their lounge, they are due to open a new room called Priveledge (I know, Ibiza :tongue: ) that is going to be 18+ or 19+, management has yet to figure that one out, but it's going to be main and afterhours. It's a very large space and if done right will compliment the New Haven scene. DJ spots are yet to be filled. I don't know if you DJ much in the area or where you've spun, but if you're interested or know anyone good who would be, PM me. I'm tight with management and they appreciate it when the staff brings in new talent and performers (I seasonally bartend). As it stands, Gotham's OZ is a disgrace to afterhours in New Haven. Remember the good ol' days of System vs. Insomnia? Hartford was amazing then...

I'm sure then that me, you, and Rocksteady may have all partied together at least 3 yrs ago...Insomnia was my home until I discovered New York...and its not that I totally forgot about Hartford, but like any club, changes come along, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse...VIBE just isnt what Insomnia used to be...all my old school insomniacs are long gone...

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

not sure of most of their names, but whoever opened had some mixing troubles to start out, but decent track selection, and then the guy that took over after him was pretty good (dj diesel maybe?)...downstairs a dude tim was playing nice deep house, and another guy was playing with him that was good too, but later on in the night some guy started playing commercial trance so i didnt get down there much after that!

And i usally go out in Hartford (Vibe)..and ive been to OZ/Gotham in New Haven, but didnt like it.

And the marco V event was the one i was supposed to photograph, but it was crazy sketch, the flyer said Marco Z!

but now that ive been there, i hope they get some more big names out there...Manolo is supposed to be the resident i think, but he didnt play Sat night, but i saw him there..so who knows?

yeah my friend is djdiesel. :) and i think that manolo dj's every other week there. check out the djmanolo website. there is always infor on there for therapy

Originally posted by nycchic24

yeah my friend is djdiesel. :) and i think that manolo dj's every other week there. check out the djmanolo website. there is always infor on there for therapy

Nice! You need to ask him a track ID for me then! He played a song with the chime from willy wonka..nice proggy track..not one of those NYC mixes (robbie tronco or vinnie cozzi) I wanna know bad! I think it had a voice saying choclate factory in it.

Remember the good ol' days of System vs. Insomnia? Hartford was amazing then...

mmm insomnia thursday, then system fri and saturday...that was CT's summer of love! Crowds every weekend..sad to see it how it is now..but hey we all grow out of things right!

Ive always wanted to check out alchemy, but that whole 21 thing gets me all the time.

Don't sweat the 21 thing... just use any ol fake or a friend... if I'm in the area let me know, have the people in their are <21.

Clubgyrl, indeed, Vibe just is not quite Insomnia.

IMO System and Insomnia both went down the tubes when Squillante went psycho and tore up all the inside of System and left the club. Man is a psycho. Remember when he almost bought Limelight? (or at least he was rumored to be... along with, I think, Vicious)

Foam Party Luau's @ Alchemy = insane BTW

Jan 30th (Thursday), Naughty School Girl Contest www.alchemynightclub.com

Who the hell got them to spend money. Alchemy was a really cheap.

Is that new room the space that is below the club?

I'm not neccesarily gonna call Alchemy cheap;) but the fact that the club rakes in so much money, they eventually had to upgrade something. So yes, the space below the lounge (street level). They need to gut out the room and then modeling will begin mid-february for a spring opening. There are several production ideas and it could end up looking like anything.

Depends what you're looking for...

Big college crowd and a fun vibe, go on Thursday. Hip-hop up front, house and top 40 on the main floor and house and requests upstairs in the lounge.

Friday is strict hard house and hard trance on the main floor with Angelo Fecci (very good DJ, runs Love Music records in New Rochelle and also does ArtBAR saturdays). More hip hop up front and underground and house upstairs.

Saturday, Joe Guicastro spins deep house and really has the most recent releases and new music. Upstairs, is funk and tribal.

Some good parties coming up...

1/24 Friday is Maa Bell's last gig in CT before going to Miami.

1/30 is the Naughty School Girl Contest (Thursday party with a twist)

2/14 is a lingerie/pajama Valentine party

Call me "out of it", what/where is SHU? I'm either an idiot, or losing it:what:

personally, thursday nights are my fav, only cause it is just pure chaos with tons of people getting wasted out of their minds. as far as music, it's not the drawing part of the party, but it's tolerable, as long as you're doing what everyone esle is doing. drinking.

yo, this thread brings back memories of my college days up in western mass (i went to smith college).

i remember hitting up some SHADY ASS parties in ct, but i had some good times.. one was at some cafe/restaurant with an alligator out front? i also used to hit asylum for a few parties, but that place was pretty shady also. do you guys still go there? and lastly, that place -- wtf was it called -- in springfield, MA.. oh right hippodrome! what a joke that place was but the space was beautiful.. (brandie was an ex-employee).

i respect columns of knowledge, that crew threw some tight parties. knowledge is a great, great CT dj.. very hard to find guys that thrown down UK hard house here in the states!

nothing but love, k-holes, and shadiness for my new england ravers... ! ;)

days of asylum are long gone, venue changed names and has never been very good...

not sure about the cafe with the alligator, but New Haven has really taken off recently.

Alchemy is the new hotspot (used to be Gecko's and Boppers), but there are others that have become popular or are new and designed great. Playwright (Manhattan, Miami, Stamford) is beautiful and has some great parties. BAR is always good, oldskool (like 80's club music). Neat is off the hook with amazing girls. Gotham, cheese that it is, is a fun place when you're young. Funktion is a nice underground venue... always "interesting" music...

Hippodrome = :blown:

When did you DJ at Alchemy mattm2o? What's do you spin as?

When did you DJ at Alchemy mattm2o? What's do you spin as?

DJed As the same name, I did a friday in the lounge and I did a month of fridays in the main room with Angelo Fecchi!

I had a good time the place is kinda nice!

I also DJed at Vandome twice

oh damn... do you really want to admitt you stepped in Van Dome?;)

no harm meant, we've all been to places like that... but I won't directly own up to it...:laugh:

Hence that i said i djed there twice!

I was booked by a promoter for 2 nights and it was the last time I book a club without going there first!