Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hotels Near Nightlife?

ryno

What's up everybody? I'm hoping to get some response from those of you who are familiar with the Miami/South Beach area. I'm looking for beachfront (or near the beach) hotels that are really close to the nightlife in South Beach and Miami. Not really familiar with any clubs, but some names I've heard are Level, Deep, Crobar, and the like. Anyway, thanks to whomever replies. I'll be coming down there from 3/10 to 3/15.

Thanks,

Ryno

Originally posted by ryno

Okay, so far I've found The Clevelander Hotel and The Becon Hotel. Are these close to the action? Are they nice?

Just say NO to the Clevelander. Its a dump. I can't comment on the Becon.

If you want to spend big bucks, Delano, National and Lowes.

If you want nice but don't want to spend all your ca$h on a room, try the Essex House on Collins. It is close to everything.

www.essexhouse.com

Originally posted by pod

What I'm saying is, he should delay his vacation a week and come during conference...the week before is dead.

I realize that... But, if that is the only weekend he can get out of there.... I'd take it and run. A quiet weekend here has to be much better than freezing his ass off up there.

Haha, yeah guyman, ANY week away from 20 degree weather in VA is a good one to go to Miami. I would love to be there for WMC, pod, but unfortunately my buddy's break is that week. Guyman, thanks a BUNCH for your link to the Essex House. That was exactly what I was looking for because it seems a lot nicer than the other refurbished hotels and close to a lot of the nightlife and beach. I read reviews for the Clevelander and Beacon and most of them said they were loud, dirty, overpriced, and not worth the money. If you have anymore info. for the area, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryno

Originally posted by guyman1966

The suites are a bit more expensive, but well worth it. I sometimes get them for only $175 a night. Ask for the manager and negotiate.

Thanks for the tip! Are the standard rooms really that small to the point that they're uncomfortable?

I was in miami last yr memorial day weekend ( completely avoided south beach-- thanks to the warnings i got ) stayed at the Roney Palace...It was nice, nothing major...

I loved the area though & going back again this year...hell, Im thinking about relocating!!!! Im staying at the Ocean Five this time...looks pretty nice from the pictures I've seen...

Originally posted by ryno

Thanks for the tip! Are the standard rooms really that small to the point that they're uncomfortable?

Its an OLD hotel. All the rooms have been updated, but people were smaller when it was built. If it is TWO guys, then they are very small. If you are with a chick, you will be fine. You'll spend most of your time outside anyway. However, those Suites ROCK! My wife and I love to Party all night into the morning... Get out to the beach by 9A, and then hit the 2 person hot tub in the room and relax!!!!

Originally posted by guyman1966

Its an OLD hotel. All the rooms have been updated, but people were smaller when it was built. If it is TWO guys, then they are very small. If you are with a chick, you will be fine. You'll spend most of your time outside anyway. However, those Suites ROCK! My wife and I love to Party all night into the morning... Get out to the beach by 9A, and then hit the 2 person hot tub in the room and relax!!!!

Well, I did do a reservation submission online to see what they had. It looked like they had rooms with two beds. Honestly, me and my bud only need a room with two beds and a bathroom. The suite does sound nice, but I think it'd be too much money. Man, the way you describe what to do there makes me REALLY excited! Is the hotel really that close to the beach and the clubs?