Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club politics suck

I just wanna play my tunes and get paid. I was booked for a night next month that occurs the night before one of my weekly residencies. The promoters are at war or some shit, so I was told that I can either back out of the one-off, or if I decide to play it, that I won't be playin the other one's weekly anymore. :blank:

I need some new gigs, this scene's startin to piss me off.

Originally posted by danwilson

heretic909, what type of music do you play? House, Trance, Techno, Electro. Thanks

Sweet jeezus, wilson...

For Fridays, I play a mix of techno-industrial and hardhouse for my first set, and then a set of hardstyle, techno/schranz, and Rotterdam-style hardcore for my last set til close...

On Wednesdays, I'll be playing a seductive mix of synth-pop and trance-influenced EBM along with trancey anthems...

Up in Harlem, I get hardcore with hardline, techno, and gabba/hardcore...

Originally posted by heretic909

I just wanna play my tunes and get paid. I was booked for a night next month that occurs the night before one of my weekly residencies. The promoters are at war or some shit, so I was told that I can either back out of the one-off, or if I decide to play it, that I won't be playin the other one's weekly anymore. :blank:

I need some new gigs, this scene's startin to piss me off.

THat sucks....

sorry bout your troubles, Heretic.

hell i don't even care about getting paid. I just want to play.

here upstate the only way to play is to basically become a submissive bitch to the local two party companies.

Both are run by egomaniacs, one of them spins at every party he throws... and if i hear one more goddamn basscut in the middle of a PROGRESSIVE HOUSE track i'm going to scream.

I can outspin these guys in my sleep, but they're assholes, they're sketchy and somehow they're in control of the local scene.

One of em tried to get with both of my best friends (girls) that i brought with me... one of whom was watching her boyfriend spin and this kid came up and grabbed her CROTCH!

(then 5 minutes later gets on the mike and announces for "all the crazy hoes to stop playing games, this ain't high school")

will somebody nuke albany already?