Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which do you prefer...

ellinita

-Question #1: Which do you prefer, Macy's or Bloomingdale's???

- Question #2: In general, what is your favorite department store to shop in???

For me, I definately prefer Bloomingdale's over Macy's.... I actually haven't set foot in Macy's in a couple of years already.

Currently, I think my favorite department store is either Saks 5th Avenue or Bergdork Goodman..... but that all depends on what I am purchasing. For example, if I'm buying a dress, which I'll only wear once probably, I'll go to Bloomingdale's to avoid spending hundreds of dollars..... But as far as a few splurges go, I go with Saks for jeans mostly, and Bergdorf Goodman for shoes. I was at Saks on Saturday at Riverside Square Plaza in Hackensack, and they had some nice stuff on sale.... I bought a Diane von Furstenberg dress for about $160, which was totally marked down which was pretty great. :D

Originally posted by jxfx

bloomies, definitely......no offense but macy's is kinda messy and everything is thrown everywhere

Kinda messy!?!? :confused::tongue:

I prefer Bloomingdales or Nordstrom, the salespeople are so much more helpful and friendly....Plus it's not a mess!

macy's is more than just kinda messy...there are days it borderlines a bargain barn

its really lacks constant maintenance...and the merchandising is less than ideal ( most people wouldnt care about that but I merch in a retail store so I notice little details )

I usually go to bloomingdale's instead.....

Originally posted by ellinita

-Question #1: Which do you prefer, Macy's or Bloomingdale's???

- Question #2: In general, what is your favorite department store to shop in???

For me, I definately prefer Bloomingdale's over Macy's.... I actually haven't set foot in Macy's in a couple of years already.

Currently, I think my favorite department store is either Saks 5th Avenue or Bergdork Goodman..... but that all depends on what I am purchasing. For example, if I'm buying a dress, which I'll only wear once probably, I'll go to Bloomingdale's to avoid spending hundreds of dollars..... But as far as a few splurges go, I go with Saks for jeans mostly, and Bergdorf Goodman for shoes. I was at Saks on Saturday at Riverside Square Plaza in Hackensack, and they had some nice stuff on sale.... I bought a Diane von Furstenberg dress for about $160, which was totally marked down which was pretty great. :D

I am a litle confused , whats the point of spending tons of dough for a dress you are only gonna wear once?? ostentatious?:confused: I dont mean to sound like a cheapskate, but a dress for a $160 aint exactly a sale !!

P.S... When Walmart has a sale, for $160, you could fill a walk- in closet and still have enuff left over to buy matching shoes !

Anywayz, its cool to dress in xpensive garb, just dont do it coz society deems you a well adjusted person if you did. Its the person underneath that counts...... my $0.02.....

Originally posted by magellanmax

I am a litle confused , whats the point of spending tons of dough for a dress you are only gonna wear once?? ostentatious?:confused: I dont mean to sound like a cheapskate, but a dress for a $160 aint exactly a sale !!

P.S... When Walmart has a sale, for $160, you could fill a walk- in closet and still have enuff left over to buy matching shoes !

Anywayz, its cool to dress in xpensive garb, just dont do it coz society deems you a well adjusted person if you did. Its the person underneath that counts...... my $0.02.....

Well, first off, it is a dress, and dresses usually are more expensive. Secondly, $160 really was a great price for that dress b/c it was like over 50% off. I mean, Diane von Furstenburg dresses, and clothing in genereal, are rather pricey, but I really like the clothing. So when I saw a dress by her that was more or less within my price range, I definately considered it and bought it. It is worth is b/c the quality and fit is to the uttermost perfection, and I definately would not just wear it once.... it's classic, and I am planing to keep it in my wardrobe for a couple of years.