Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 54................huh

ok, im 30, lol

and iv been going out in Ny prob since 88-89 and i never made it to Studio, but i guess back then it wasnet as big of a deal, it was sorta a tourist trap by the time i got into going out n stuff...

so anyway, i never saw the inside of it, and once in awhile in books would catch a pic of it, and be like WOW.......well i friend sent me this book hes having published about studio,Xenon and AREA, and there were pics of studio in it....well

It aint that impressive?

dance floor looks VERY SMALL...and there's nothng to great about it? anyone ever make it out to it or maybe was a regular?

cause the pics did not impress me i bit....im thinking small Webster hall? it was weird? lol

I was there in 1999 to see Cabaret and could not even imagine it as a club. Perhaps they had the upstairs (except for the bathrooms) roped off and it's huge, but the downstairs was extremely tiny and cramped and didn't look to be anything special.

Well my father use to go there and when he was alve he mentioned thigns to me and showed me old pics from hi friends and all. And from what my mother tells me ad my uncles. It was huge like WEBSTERHALL but ow many room areclosed fo dressing rooms cause of caberat. ASnd i think all i heard is open is the upstaits. But studio had i think 3 floors and many rooms.

Originally posted by jaysea

ok, im 30, lol

and iv been going out in Ny prob since 88-89 and i never made it to Studio, but i guess back then it wasnet as big of a deal, it was sorta a tourist trap by the time i got into going out n stuff...

so anyway, i never saw the inside of it, and once in awhile in books would catch a pic of it, and be like WOW.......well i friend sent me this book hes having published about studio,Xenon and AREA, and there were pics of studio in it....well

It aint that impressive?

dance floor looks VERY SMALL...and there's nothng to great about it? anyone ever make it out to it or maybe was a regular?

cause the pics did not impress me i bit....im thinking small Webster hall? it was weird? lol

From what I've seen in books and documentaries, it looked like a "normal" looking club. I don't think the 70's produced anything monumental in club-land architecture. You were holed up in your basic corny dancefloor, with very exculsive clientele. Thats what mattered then.

Out of all the clubs I've been too in NYC, Limeight tops the list as most fascinating to be in. It wasn't 100% perfect (sound sucked, lighting sucked) but it was very unique! Pitty what it's become today.

-iliana

:)

Cool Cool....

Thats sorta the feeling i got from it, ya know, really lame and tipical 70's fashion.....

i also Agree on limelight, being very intresting inside, i even think its still cool ,but it just sucks that they cant get there "direction" figured out.... from what i here we will prob be seeing a much looser door, and some Dj's in and out, making it another Dance-Friendly club....sundays are going strong tho...u should check it out....

anyway. i personally think, that Palladium was prob the coolest and most amazing interior, i mean there was basicly a dool house built in an old movie house!......and the stairs, and little things, i mean the dance floor, with the TV screen , the lighting was top notch FOR ITS TIME......sound was always lound, but nothing to right hom about but it was just Genious......i miss it, lol