Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Italy

As far as zipping through 7 parts of italy over 10 days, while I chaperoned my little brothers trip a couple years back, two place I would stay the most if I returned,

Definately Florence and Rome, granted I hardly checked out Milan, and I would of loved to but havent seen Sicily yet.

In due time, this fall Im traveling like a trip none other. I mean full on adventure from Italy to Egypt to ecuador...and a bunch of places in between.

Enjoy your trip,

as for a tid bit of advice, go the extra mile to experience as much of the culture as you can, its a beautiful place, beautiful people etc., for example where all the hotels are, try to not go out real close. I mean most of the areas are clumped tourist-friendly zones per sae.

Like for dinner when I went, even though it was a semi-set itinerary I kidnapped my little brother from going to Mc Donalds, and the cheeseball (most of the time) hotel restaraunts and took a cab or even walked a mile or so away from the busy part of town. Found this little hole in the wall place to eat, un-freakin-believable food, and the atmosphere, not one person speaking english etc, that remind me I was in a different culture.

Even the table next to us for example, 4 or 5 kids, teenagers, who just returned from a soccer game, b.s.ing and gawking the italian girls..

Ha...

ok, Im rambling now, you got me thinking italian again, the point... enjoy the trip, and be careful, you may not want to come back...

ciao

As far as the age limit, for drinking alcohol there really isnt, but with the club scene Im not sure, as long as you dress to impress and look around Im sure you will find a sweet spot to party.

The Mc Donald's, I know, pathetic. The whole group of kids I was with going over there to experience the filtered italian, american-influenced version of italy...blah..

I cant wait until I go back, if everything goes well I shall be traveling for at least 6 months, who knows, after I return to the states and get other things Im working on squared away, viva italia....

oy...

hi i spent 3 summers in sicily and my advice would be to find some cool italian friends to hang out with if you are in ragusa go to Koala Maxi the biggest club (all outdoor in the hot months) in sicily if you are in the big cities then u have to look there should be tons in palermo and catania. I was in small towns so i did the smaller local scene but the lil bar/clubs that are out on the beach are the best,, even just to hang out..Wish i could have seen more of the "club" scene but my crowd liked "commercial" music. Email me if you like we can talk sicily but i unfortunatly never been inthe main land...next stop for me, oh and it helps to speak the language.

val

p.s. - on the "not just the club scene" end of things - one of the places on top of my list to see is Capri (the island) - the blue grotto there, i believe it's called, is supposed to be spectacular. You can look it up online for more info on it.

Oh yeah, and the ALFA ROMEO FACTORY in milano :D