Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MODS for your car...

denm4ever

Originally posted by cintron

if you're lookin' for power, yes.

After all, Air + Fuel = Power.

More Air + More Fuel = More Power.

;) so if you allow the engine to ingest and expel the maximum amount of air...

not always.

sometimes a intake can make you lose power.

since there is more air. the MAF will get all confused and will flag the ECU and think there is something wrong, throw a CEL, and then making your car running lean. it all depends on the car i guess..

personally i think CAI are a piece of shit. fucking only USDM fuckers think of shit like that. fucking injen and their piece of shit.

get a dropin filter. nice and DL. keep the stock look. its nicer.

Originally posted by atomicapples

not always.

since there is more air. the MAF will get all confused and will flag the ECU and think there is something wrong, throw a CEL, and then making your car running lean. it all depends on the car i guess..

personally i think CAI are a piece of shit. fucking only USDM fuckers think of shit like that. fucking injen and their piece of shit.

If you throw a CEL your car will default to 'pig rich' mode to protect the engine.

Dropin filters don't really do much of anything. The only thing I dislike about these stupid cone filters and shit is that they let more dirt in than paper. More flow = more dirt.

Originally posted by teklord310

If you throw a CEL your car will default to 'pig rich' mode to protect the engine.

Dropin filters don't really do much of anything. The only thing I dislike about these stupid cone filters and shit is that they let more dirt in than paper. More flow = more dirt.

not always will the the computer start increasing fuel to protect the engine.

Originally posted by atomicapples

not always.

only if you're running a piece of shit OBD II+ car with an ECU that freaks out the second more flow starts running through the intake.

dropin filters are pointles. Many of those make you lose HP over the stock airbox. The K&N dropin filter for the MR2 actually has less pleats and less surface area, and is responsible for a 3hp loss overall compared toa stock airbox.

everybody knows a cone intake will make more power over a stock airbox, just so long as you don't have an ECU that bitches and throws CEL's over a little extra flow ;)

you poor suckers with your EPA restricted powerbands :D

my car mods (90 rx-7 turbo II)

3 inch downpipe

greddy power extreme with dual mufflers

apex avc-r boost controller

apex afc

greddy fuel cut eliminator

modified factory turbo with garrett t04 housing

800cc secondary injectors

higher flowing intank fuel pump (can support up to 600hp)

plenty of gauges :hat: the neccessary ones at least

tokico illumina shocks with lowering springs and larger diameter sway bars

only mod i did to the brake system was heavy duty brake pads

heavy duty ACT clutch

best time i ran was mid 12's at around 110 mph with a shitty 60ft time

i blew the engine a couple of weeks ago so i'm gonna take advantage and get a heavy duty rebuild

I guess I'll go with a CAI first instead of the exhaust, a few extra horses would be nice:D...I was thinking of going with densecharger. They seem to work the best on Mustangs. Is an air filter almost the same thing as a CAI or is there a difference? From what I gather it seems like the CAI is better, correct? The one thing that sucks is that my car is an automatic:mad: ! My boyfriend said I would kill myself with a manual transmission considering that the mustang is my everyday vehicle, and the weather tends to get a little shitty around here:rolleyes:

Originally posted by denm4ever

The one thing that sucks is that my car is an automatic:mad: ! My boyfriend said I would kill myself with a manual transmission considering that the mustang is my everyday vehicle, and the weather tends to get a little shitty around here:rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

stick is the best, i miss my 5speed :(

if you are really into performance and intend on spending a good amount on your car the FIRST upgrade should always be suspension and then wheel/tires...all the shit to make it go faster comes later...u have to improve handling first so a car can take the speed

Originally posted by theprod98

if you are really into performance and intend on spending a good amount on your car the FIRST upgrade should always be suspension and then wheel/tires...all the shit to make it go faster comes later...u have to improve handling first so a car can take the speed

on a lot of late-model cars the stock suspension is good enough to wait for after the basic performance upgrades...