Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for anyone intrested. the 411 on TWILO"S OLD BUILDING

somone, posted a reply to a question i left on the Dtourism board about the space, and i got in contact with Oliver from The Dublin Club, "spirit" and he gave me a Thumbs up, the Building was purchased.....for a disclosed amout....

Cough Cough 6million Cough cough

And Spirit New york, will open in the summer of 2003..(Shhh JULY)

and.......kid's i got some Straight up Fact's

The building was purchased.... on November 22 of 2002 (few months ago)

it will Cater to A MUSIC Crowd.....with MIND BODY n Spirit Being 3 individual theme's threw out the entire, club, 3 Sections....

Mind> will be the "chillout room" with massage tables, and a sorta theme on the mind, and relaxation....

Body> will be the main BAR area.....

and spirit will be the Dance floor......

2 floor's and a larger capacity than Sf n twilo could hold....

International Dj's......and a place "to let your Spirit be"

anyway, lots of eye candy...people on stillts, hanging from the ceiling, Trappezz artists, and fire breather's its a club that focus's on music, and your visual experience.....

anyway, i tihnk it sounds cool, and im happy that the building will not lay empty.......i hate to see dance floors empty.....

ya know, we lost tunnel..... but we still have this floor....

anyway, there website, is Something weird...???

but there's a small print up on

www.spiritnewyork.com

dont kill the messenger..lol

Olympia>>

haha, i here ya, but it is a RELIABLE Source, and it is Real. lol

but after its read on a message board, u will here> This in about 3 months.......

"omg there turning Twilo into a Zoo club with lions n shit, hanging above where the mirror ball n shit was, and the dance floor is GLASS, and theres a floor underneath u like in the Zima Commericial's":laugh:

anyway, i was very intrested in the space, and what would become of it, not only because i was dancing there in like 1989, lol but Cause....i TRIED SO HARD TO PURCHASE THAT BUILDING

once it closed, but it was way outta my league, even Back up investors i had, did not wanna touch it, but a year has passed, so the heat is gone....n the price dropped about 3 mill, lol

last i was hearing space n some guy??, were battiling it out for like9-10 mill, n both dropped out.. n than Spirit came in, put a bid, and got it......ALOT cheaper.....

so it makes me happy to know that in 6 months, i will be able to walk threw those doors and see what they have done......

if anyone is intrested?

i have a press number u can get, PM me

ehhh last i heard crobar was falling apart....

more building problems, infested with rats n shit, the structure is being stabalized, but EVERYTHING had to come out, that was allready in there, there also telling me Summer, Aug, early september...

Originally posted by jaysea

ehhh last i heard crobar was falling apart....

more building problems, infested with rats n shit, the structure is being stabalized, but EVERYTHING had to come out, that was allready in there, there also telling me Summer, Aug, early september...

wow you mean literally falling apart... i hope they can patch it up so it doesn't rattle from the sound system.

im gonna get in trouble again, i mtalking way to much shit, LOL

But, i wouldnt say it was FALLING down, its more kina like

4 months ago.....an earth quake could of prob taken it down, lol

there were Cracks, n Weak points in the buildings Foundation,

the building has been Empty for awhile, i think once every year for like 4 months the macy's parade people, built the floats n shit in it, but it was never REALLY used....when gates, n Doors would close, shit from the ceiling would fall....there was a Hole in the 4th floor's Floor.......but all that has been taken care of, and there on there way, but there is still more work to be done, n its a bitch when its negative 2 out, ya know? plus, sound, eqp, alot of the First floor's decor n shit was done, but 3 weeks ago was pulled out, for painting, and wall stabalizing.....all that shit should be done in a few weeks, if al lgoes well, n han the eqp can come in, and they can start setting up shop....

me>

im gonna get in trouble again, i mtalking way to much shit, LOL

But, i wouldnt say it was FALLING down, its more kina like

4 months ago.....an earth quake could of prob taken it down, lol

there were Cracks, n Weak points in the buildings Foundation,

the building has been Empty for awhile, i think once every year for like 4 months the macy's parade people, built the floats n shit in it, but it was never REALLY used....when gates, n Doors would close, shit from the ceiling would fall....there was a Hole in the 4th floor's Floor.......but all that has been taken care of, and there on there way, but there is still more work to be done, n its a bitch when its negative 2 out, ya know? plus, sound, eqp, alot of the First floor's decor n shit was done, but 3 weeks ago was pulled out, for painting, and wall stabalizing.....all that shit should be done in a few weeks, if al lgoes well, n han the eqp can come in, and they can start setting up shop....

me>

wow that sounds like a massively expensive project. i hope they do it right.

somone, posted a reply to a question i left on the Dtourism board about the space, and i got in contact with Oliver from The Dublin Club, "spirit" and he gave me a Thumbs up, the Building was purchased.....for a disclosed amout....

Cough Cough 6million Cough cough

And Spirit New york, will open in the summer of 2003..(Shhh JULY)

and.......kid's i got some Straight up Fact's

The building was purchased.... on November 22 of 2002 (few months ago)

it will Cater to A MUSIC Crowd.....with MIND BODY n Spirit Being 3 individual theme's threw out the entire, club, 3 Sections....

Mind> will be the "chillout room" with massage tables, and a sorta theme on the mind, and relaxation....

Body> will be the main BAR area.....

and spirit will be the Dance floor......

2 floor's and a larger capacity than Sf n twilo could hold....

International Dj's......and a place "to let your Spirit be"

anyway, lots of eye candy...people on stillts, hanging from the ceiling, Trappezz artists, and fire breather's its a club that focus's on music, and your visual experience.....

anyway, i tihnk it sounds cool, and im happy that the building will not lay empty.......i hate to see dance floors empty.....

ya know, we lost tunnel..... but we still have this floor....

anyway, there website, is Something weird...???

but there's a small print up on

www.spiritnewyork.com

dont kill the messenger..lol

Olympia>>

Olympia..YOU MADE MY DAY! I LOVE YOU

:shades2:

-iliana

:D

i dont think that will really be a NORMAL thing there....it kinda scream's ..........CLOSE US AGAIN" ya know.....

what are u guys thinking, i would love to send this link to them to see if Ny is excited about this.....

FeedBack kids, it does alot!!

oly>>

hahahahahahahaha

do u know how bad that shit could of been?

i just put the trussing up myself for a place im doing, n if that shit ever fell, the big OVal one, or the small ones on the side, anyone of them.....ever fell.....

LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD BE DEAD......

Go estate! :laugh:

Spirit Dublin opened up a club in Dublin about 6 months ago. I havent been back to Ireland in a year so i don't know first hand,but according to all my mates back there its suppossed to be an excellent spot and brilliantly run.

I'm thinking of heading back for a week next month so if i do i'll try and find out more.

Well i hope this is really going to happen because NY's club scene is good but is kinda slowing down because of all this bullshit thats been going on with cops drugs n all that dumb shit.

If you are saying that the twilo building will become that crazy trapeze shit it will be soooooo illl. we really need a crazy ass place like that in NY it would bring people from all over to go to it and the club crowd in ny wouldnt be so uptight. differnt people from all around is def a good thing. hopefully it goes down and as for Crobar shit i waiting for that to open, get some CARL COX n shit up in there or some ill Trance DJs

I am trying to get these DJ gigs around n shit but no luck

if you peeps know anyone who is looking for a good trance,techno,progressive,house Def drop me a PM or an Email

Thank you people

hahahahahahahaha

do u know how bad that shit could of been?

i just put the trussing up myself for a place im doing, n if that shit ever fell, the big OVal one, or the small ones on the side, anyone of them.....ever fell.....

LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD BE DEAD......

Go estate! :laugh:

did anyone get hurt when that happened in Estate? what was the whole story?