Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need the lowdown on london...

hey all...aly you're a mod here??:confused:

ok anyway i'm living and working here for the next couple months. i actually just scored a fabulous flat in leicester square / picadilly, so i'm quite pleased.

anyway i got a london time out and people are sending me recommendations, but i need a quick and dirty lowdown: where should i go, what should i do, how can i get by w/o spending the entire amount i'm being paid while i'm here.

i've heard that tonight's the last roach party at turnmills w/ tom stephan, so i'm hopefully gonna head out to that tonight. also, i hear that diggers is having danny howells at bedrock on feb 6 or 7th or something like, and considering diggers and DH are 2 of my top 3 dj's, i'm not missing that for the world.

also, i had to leave my turntables in DC for the timebeing, so i'm thinking of maybe trying to rent some for a couple months, buying a used set and selling again at the end of my stay here, or just renting studio time somewhere. any suggestions? i've called up sapphires, they dont rent out decks anymore but they told me to call audiohires, which i did but no dice yet.

ok one more thing: i got my mobile and apparently i got a text message but i cant open it. :) "texting" is quite the european thing but not so much used in the states. help!!!

okkkieeee...i'm off to plastic fantastic...it shouldnt be too far away from me, in convent garden i believe.

aly...you in the area??

oh yeah, i'm SOOOOOO not into trance/gatecrasher/talla xlc/george acosta/even pvd. so please no suggestions there. strictly progressive, a la satoshi tomiie and digweed, tribal a la steve lawler, and i hear james lavelle is playing out somewhere soon? eek. i'm supposed to SAVE the money i'm making while i'm here!

you would like Fabric saturdays

i posted the lineup below. try www.fabriclondon.com diggers is playing there this month as well.

as for records...try Virgin or HMV....beleive it or not their selections are just as good as plastic fantastic. there are a bunch of record stores in he notting hill gate area. send mareluna or dialectics a PM about that.

also go to camden town for shopping...lots of cheap stuff....and Cyberdog is a must see (cyberdog also gets lots of flyers for parties around london)

lawler has a monthly at The End

turnmills on a friday may work once in a while...lottie, sister bliss, nick warren dave seaman and alison marks are residents there

ministryofsound.co.uk has a decent club listings section... theku.co.uk is better but its a pay service

:aright:

OMG Millie lol I hate u! Want a roommate?

I'm not over there just at the moment but I will be dropping into London a few times over the next 5 months. How long will you be there for? We'll have to go out and rock it like DC ;)

If you don't like trance don't go anywhere that Starshaped goes... likewise regarding UK hardhouse. (yeah basically, if you have good taste, you'll never see him anywhere you go) hehehehe :tongue:

aly...i'm here til mid-apr...if you ever need a place to crash or something, just ask me. i have a good amount of space.

thanks for the suggestions y'all...i was so pissed. i went to plastic fantastic but it was already closed!!! seems like everything closes by 7pm, and not a lot is open on sundays!!! this is going to suck b/c i doubt i'll be able to get back into the city before 7pm during the week (i'll be working out of woking during the week mostly), which leaves only saturdays.

speaking of, i was out and about today for the first time just doing some shopping (er, rather browsing) in leicester sq/piccadilly, and omg, there are SO MANY PEOPLE crowding the sidewalks...argh, it was driving me mad

and my phone is a nokia 3410. i think i did everything right, but oh well. i'll have my buddy look at it on monday.

omg how expensive is it here!!!!!!!! holy shit

Awesome Millie! Thanks! I will prob. take you up on that offer cause as you said - it's so expensive there, I prob. can't afford a normal hotel so I'd end up in like ghettosville and that would suuuuuuck! :woah: I will def. be there before April. I'm thinking about celebrating my birthday in the UK 'cause that way at least people would speak english and all :tongue:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I'm thinking about celebrating my birthday in the UK

Hardhouse Academy@Brixton Academy

15th March 2003

- Andy Farley

- Phil Reynolds

- Tom Harding

- Rob Tissera

- Steve Hill

- Paul Glazby

- Lab4

- Nick Sentience