Clubplanet Nightlife Community

byob to clubs!!

wouldnt it be nice to be able to bring your own beer and or alcohol to a club? sure the club would lose money but charge any cover you want and i m sure you will have steady amount of people. you figure if you can bring your own alcohol that would save you so much money so y not pay the price to get in? on a regular night of going out how much do u spend on alcohol. me personally if i am going out i spend at least 200 including admission. def would never happen. but there is a go go bar in jersey where you can bring your own beer as much as you want but no hard alcohol. its 15 to get in and they give u buckets of ice. plus the girls are all naked. cant beat that. its called hot 22 in union on route 22 and jersey heads most likely no about this spot. what do u think? :D

Originally posted by clubmanxtc

wouldnt it be nice to be able to bring your own beer and or alcohol to a club? sure the club would lose money but charge any cover you want and i m sure you will have steady amount of people. you figure if you can bring your own alcohol that would save you so much money so y not pay the price to get in? on a regular night of going out how much do u spend on alcohol. me personally if i am going out i spend at least 200 including admission. def would never happen. but there is a go go bar in jersey where you can bring your own beer as much as you want but no hard alcohol. its 15 to get in and they give u buckets of ice. plus the girls are all naked. cant beat that. its called hot 22 in union on route 22 and jersey heads most likely no about this spot. what do u think? :D

hahah, i know someone who works there...

as far as byob in clubs... i don't know... where would you keep it when you're dancing?

This post reminds me of the old Freedom afterhours that was once held in the Hampton Bays. Of all clubs that I've frequented, both in and out of the city, I have to admit that Freedom is the sickest venue I've ever been to.

During the first year of Freedom's afterhours venue, the staff never checked anyone that came in. There were no checks for IDs or drugs, but one could pretty much bring in anything one wanted to. The vibe was so fucking nasty: Rob James killing it on the one and two's from 4 a.m. into the afternoon hours; people bringing water bottles full of God-knows-what in; people being anything but discrete with their drug habits; blunts going around; and every drug of choice, including jars of K and dust blunts, being passed around as if it were nothing more than a luxury item. There was no fucking dress code; everyone, including punks, skaters, and guidos, would pack that place out and get open to some of the most soulful house music. Adding even more sickness to the vibe was the size of the place; it was nothing more than a basement with two bars, a small dancefloor, a dj booth, and one bathroom. There was also this little hidden area on the right - behind the plexi glass - as one walked down the stairs that served as a nice little spot to do almost anything. I don't think alcohol was served at Freedom, being that the party began on Sunday morning, but no alcohol was needed.

I really miss the afterhours at freedom; it reminds me of one of the most beautiful Summers of my life. It was by far the nastiest venue the Hamptons has ever seen.