Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The RADIO really MUST STOP PLAYING the following...

...cause they either a) really suck B) are ridiculously played out to the point that they are on 3 stations at once or c) suffer from both issues. I swear if I hear these one more time I may spontaneously combust (and therefore have ceased to turn on the radio anymore):

Christina Aguilera - Beautiful AND the Beautiful remix. Sucked ass, was trite garbage to begin with, and the remix is HORRIBLE.

Nelly - Air Force Ones

Avril Lavigne - Damn Cold Nites or whatever the hell it's called. This girl CANNOT hit those notes and I'm sooo sick of hearing her screeching

Ja Rule (I think?) - Me & My Boyfriend/Girlfriend blah blah blah it sucked when Mariah Carey did it, and sucks worse now.

That's all for the moment. Anyone have any they'd like to add?

then imma get to stomp'in in my err force one's, you won't be able to tell if its 2 perrrs or one...

i almost died laughing when i saw the video of him and his tools in a shoestore... i mean, is this what rap has come to? rhyming about buying shoes???? jesus christ... get the fuck off the stage, you're done.

Originally posted by luiskain

kinda reminds me of when z100, ktu, 92.7 all had BABY YOU'RE ALL THAT I WANT... i would press the preset station buttons and i swear one picked up right where the other station left off

That's exactly what happened with Avril today!

Conspiracy??? :shaky:

Originally posted by joeg

i mean, is this what rap has come to? rhyming about buying shoes???? jesus christ... get the fuck off the stage, you're done.

ahem....

i happen to think the song is rather catchy.....

AND im assuming you arent a big hip hop fan, otherwise you would recognize that nelly was attempting a Y2k version of

RUN DMC - Adidas

Rap and shoes go together like Hair Spray and rock ballads

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

ahem....

AND im assuming you arent a big hip hop fan, otherwise you would recognize that nelly was attempting a Y2k version of

RUN DMC - Adidas

i didn't mean to shit on something you like, so let me apologize...

i am a huge hiphop fan, actually... But I think nelly has the rhymestyle of an autistic, i understand the whole adidas thing... but times have changed... and nelly is NO run dmc... adidas will forever be cool... no one is going to give an F about air force 1's in 2 weeks...

if you want to say its a pop song, and its catchy... thats cool... pop will always be pop... if you like britanny spears, or nsync, or nelly, whatever... thats fine... but to call nelly a piece of "hiphop" you gotta be kidding me...

just my opinion... i'm not aiming any of it at "you" directly... hehe... so don't misinterprate that. :)

ahem....

RUN DMC - Adidas

STFU...dont ever comment on Rap again...u have lost ur right to with that comment...stick to ur "hard dance"

desecrating a legendary rap group by comparing nelly to them..get the fuck outa here

wow

ill will attempt to excuse myself right here but if that doesnt cut it than i can just add some more to the asshole list!

I used hip hop as a catch all word, excuse me. I am not a huge fan, so i dont genre splice - to me hip hop, rap whatever you want to call it its all the same.

I said the song was catchy, i think it is. I dont think nelly is anything spactacular however, but he has a musical quality to his delivery that i apreciate.

and if you would read my post a little close and note my use of the word ATTEMPT.

I was not comparing the 2, nor do i feel i need to. You made a comment about rapping about shoes, and i gave in insight that shoes and rap have been hand in hand quite some time.

I feel both your critisms were unneccesary and reactionary, just because i mentioned a classic group in the same breath as nelly.

wow

ill will attempt to excuse myself right here but if that doesnt cut it than i can just add some more to the asshole list!

I used hip hop as a catch all word, excuse me. I am not a huge fan, so i dont genre splice - to me hip hop, rap whatever you want to call it its all the same.

I said the song was catchy, i think it is. I dont think nelly is anything spactacular however, but he has a musical quality to his delivery that i apreciate.

and if you would read my post a little close and note my use of the word ATTEMPT.

I was not comparing the 2, nor do i feel i need to. You made a comment about rapping about shoes, and i gave in insight that shoes and rap have been hand in hand quite some time.

I feel both your critisms were unneccesary and reactionary, just because i mentioned a classic group in the same breath as nelly.

uhhh, my comments were anything but "reactionary"... i just spoke my opinion, and noted SEVERAL times that i wasn't attacking you personally, but its just how i felt...

i understand the corolation of shoes and hiphop... but like i stated... times have changed... nelly is a fad and so are his shoes... here we are 20 years later, and everyone still rocks adidas... and everyone still listens to and/or respects run dmc...

Catchy songs = pop culture... they stick in your head, till you never want to hear them again, then they disapear... hiphop, rap, whatever... = songs you can listen to a year, 5 years, 10 years later, and it still brings emotion out of you...

Originally posted by teklord310

Dance radio stations SUCK!!!

WE should all call them up and tell them how much they suck. Country music 4 ever! 107.1... :rolleyes:

**cough cough** time to go and get XM Radio (channels 81 and 80 are both pretty good dance stations...)

Bern

Originally posted by joeg

i mean, is this what rap has come to? rhyming about buying shoes????

i understand the corolation of shoes and hiphop

The First statement led me to believe that you had not come to that conclusion you reached in the 2nd statement.

However, i dont feel that Nelly (I neeeed 2 peerreee!) is a subject worth arguing about - so im willing to let bygones be bygones!

I feel like such a drama queen!

big ups to joeg, see u in clubland!

The First statement led me to believe that you had not come to that conclusion you reached in the 2nd statement.

However, i dont feel that Nelly (I neeeed 2 peerreee!) is a subject worth arguing about - so im willing to let bygones be bygones!

I feel like such a drama queen!

big ups to joeg, see u in clubland!

:D :D

its all good...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

How much are those little thingies? I was thinking about getting that.

depends on what you wanna do. If you already happen to have a recent model aftermarket radio in your car you MIGHT already be 'XM Ready' in which case you just need to buy a tuner module and an antenna. if not then you can add XM to any radio by buying an FM modulated XM reciever, basicly the XM tuner transmits the programming from the satelite on an FM frequency thats unused (like say 89.3 or something) and you tune your car radio to that and then have a controler to change XM stations with (kinda the same way early add on CD changers worked in cars...)

If you have an XM ready head unit then your probably looking about $150 or so. If you want the FM modulated unit, your proably taking about $200 and up.

Bern

Originally posted by linabina

when was the last time u heard an nsync or britney spears song on the radio????

i know i havent in ages

Yeah, I think the boy band fad died and Christina is the one smothering us in shitty songs at the moment - I'd take Crazy or Slave over Beautiful any day of the week...

Seems like Justin Timberlake is saturating the airwaves lately though, I can't get away from "cry me a river" and although i didn't mind it at first, it's starting to grate on my nerves now... :shaky: