Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pete Tong @ Centro

Did anyone else go?

First off, from what I heard over the net, the Essential Selection party earlier sounded nice. Was Gabriel & Dresden there? Tong mentioned three of their cuts being played. I think there was also Dirty Vegas doing an acoustic version of "Days Gone By". Too bad I missed the DJ on the Phone segment with Danny Tenaglia

Maybe someone who was actually there could correct, confirm, or clarify. I tried signing up to get on the list to get in, but there wasn't room for me... I got a comp for that night out of it though.

btw, after that show, BBC did a broadcast from Harlem for their hip-hop show that followed.

Now for the evening's event...

Place was packed. Vibe was good for the most part. He certainly has a following. But I felt a good number of elbows - seemed there were some people that didn't seem to respect other people's (including mine) dancing space.

Music was good and kept me dancing, though I didn't feel it was mind-blowing.

If you tune in tonight (or throughout the coming week), you'll hear what Tong played 2-3 am and then Onionz 3-4. Tong started at 12:45 am and got some not-so-good mixes out of the way before the recording started. :D

Even early in the recorded set, I think he quickly faded out of some mixes that were off. See if you hear them yourself and agree.

Smokin Jo did a nice opening set too.

Did anyone see the mics that were supposedly put up around the dance floor to capture the sounds of the crowd cheering? Tong mentioned them, but even after looking I didn't see them.

From what I saw on the calendar downstairs, seems like Centro has a lot coming up. Satoshi Tomiie on Feb 13. Telepopmusik and Dirty Vegas will be coming in on Fridays. Too bad I don't remember the others, but you'll hear about them soon.