Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snow Day?

cookiegirl

...Winter Storm Warning For Tonight Through Friday...

Snow may begin by late afternoon. A coating of light snow is possible by the end of the evening commute. The snowfall is expected to become heavier overnight. 2 to 4 inches is possible by sunrise Friday. Another 1 to 2 inches is possible during the day on Friday.

It would be great to :zzz: all day on Friday to prepare for Jimmy @ Sonar :D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

It would be great to :zzz: all day on Friday to prepare for Jimmy @ Sonar :D

it would definitely be awesome, but seriously, what are the chances the fed is going to shut down? now if we had a blizzard AND an anthrax scare...

(disclaimer - the above statement is not a serious threat to the federal government, nor it's representatives, and should not be taken as an indication of direct hostile action or any dirivatives thereof.)

Originally posted by rockyblue

it would definitely be awesome, but seriously, what are the chances the fed is going to shut down? now if we had a blizzard AND an anthrax scare...

(disclaimer - the above statement is not a serious threat to the federal government, nor it's representatives, and should not be taken as an indication of direct hostile action or any dirivatives thereof.)

haha... I was just telling Cookie that in the 6 or so years that I have been working "in the real world" the federal gov't has closed ONCE because of snow. It was a few years ago. We got a ton of snow one morning and the gov't didn't shut down till about 8 am. Most people were already at their offices. So the next day after catching A LOT of heat the Fed Gov't closed again.... it didn't snow AT ALL that day - it was quite sunny. Morons :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

haha... I was just telling Cookie that in the 6 or so years that I have been working "in the real world" the federal gov't has closed ONCE because of snow. It was a few years ago. We got a ton of snow one morning and the gov't didn't shut down till about 8 am. Most people were already at their offices. So the next day after catching A LOT of heat the Fed Gov't closed again.... it didn't snow AT ALL that day - it was quite sunny. Morons :rolleyes:

seriously. there has to be a nuclear blast before the gov't shuts down, and then it's for only a half day.:rolleyes:

boo snow.

i dont care if the fed shuts down, i just care that HRSA shuts down, or that a lot of people cant make it to work if it does snow, that way i'll have nothing to do at the office when i come in tommorrow.

---> this is what sucks about living so close to where you work.

Well. . .all these stories about the Federal Govmint are great, but I work for the Legislative Branch which has its own standards for shutting down. Each office has the decision of whether to close or not. . . and mine is pretty wussy about snow! :D

I've always had a harder time going out on Friday nights than Saturday, after waking up early and "working" all day. *shrug*

Originally posted by vicman

boo snow.

i dont care if the fed shuts down, i just care that HRSA shuts down, or that a lot of people cant make it to work if it does snow, that way i'll have nothing to do at the office when i come in tommorrow.

---> this is what sucks about living so close to where you work.

tell me about it. it's not like i can call work and say that i can't come in when everyone knows i live like less than 10 blocks away. :rolleyes:

it's actually not all that bad. with nobody else in the office, i get to download stuff all day and listen to my music really loud, so that's a bonus.

Originally posted by rockyblue

tell me about it. it's not like i can call work and say that i can't come in when everyone knows i live like less than 10 blocks away. :rolleyes:

it's actually not all that bad. with nobody else in the office, i get to download stuff all day and listen to my music really loud, so that's a bonus.

yeah its almost like there needs to be some sort of major blizzard for them to be ok with it....and then if that does happen, my company expects me to still work from home, if not then i'll have to take a day of leave, even though most of the health related agencies are probably shut down also.

If its snowing tomorrow morning, I'll come into the office and there will be no one here from my office. This happened to me last time. So now, I email everyone around 6 am (for some strange reason people in my dept are checking email that early :confused: ) and usually one of them will email me back and say "Work from home"

Hehehe, I love when that happens.

If its snowing tomorrow morning, I'll come into the office and there will be no one here from my office. This happened to me last time. So now, I email everyone around 6 am (for some strange reason people in my dept are checking email that early :confused: ) and usually one of them will email me back and say "Work from home"

Hehehe, I love when that happens.

i sometimes check e-mail and respond at odd hours of the night and weekend, just another way to make people think that i am dedicated 24-7-365 to the company :rolleyes:

Guest jroo

Well. . .all these stories about the Federal Govmint are great, but I work for the Legislative Branch which has its own standards for shutting down. Each office has the decision of whether to close or not. . . and mine is pretty wussy about snow! :D

I've always had a harder time going out on Friday nights than Saturday, after waking up early and "working" all day. *shrug*

you represent VERMONT!!! they should be in the office at all fucking times!!!!!!!!! thats something i expect from florida punks, or alabama, but not VT say it so , joe, say it aint so!!

as if all the gov't workers don't have it easy enough, actually I shouldn't even call them workers, let's call them employees because they hardly ever do work. All you 9-5ers, just sit around all day waiting for the 5 o'clock bell to ring so you can jump down your little shoot right into the metro, just like the modern day Flintstones. I know so many gov't employees that do nothign all day, just because of that I don't care that I itemized over $6,000 on my taxes this year. Now it snows 1 inch and you guys want off, anything else you cum guzzling tax money theives want? Two words: BEAT IT:biggun: :chainsaw::2guns:

Originally posted by pgiddy

as if all the gov't workers don't have it easy enough, actually I shouldn't even call them workers, let's call them employees because they hardly ever do work. All you 9-5ers, just sit around all day waiting for the 5 o'clock bell to ring so you can jump down your little shoot right into the metro, just like the modern day Flintstones. I know so many gov't employees that do nothign all day, just because of that I don't care that I itemized over $6,000 on my taxes this year. Now it snows 1 inch and you guys want off, anything else you cum guzzling tax money theives want? Two words: BEAT IT:biggun: :chainsaw::2guns:

I do not work for the Federal Gov't. I work for a contractor who has federal customers. Anyhow, we follow their schedule for closing because of snow but we don't get all their holidays. I feel robbed :(

I do not work for the Federal Gov't. I work for a contractor who has federal customers. Anyhow, we follow their schedule for closing because of snow but we don't get all their holidays. I feel robbed :(

Ahh the good old I work for a "contractor" excuse, gee haven't heard that one in at least 3 days.........

Yeah I feel sorry for you to, seems like you are getting robbed:rolleyes:

Anyways I wasn't implying you nor anyone on this board are those type of gov't workers I was talking about, but seems like you have a guilty conscience(sp).......is there something you would like to share with the class:blank:

I'd like to share my foot with your ass :D

now now now that's not nice.....what's the matter are they actually making you work today??

Why don't you take that little foot and help yourself and the rest of us by rubbing one out with it. There are we done now?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by mysteriousss

We are never closed for snow.. But my boss is a whimp and stays home when it snows :D That means I can f*ck around online all day :cool: So yes, I hope it snows!!!

Looky here, looks like we've found another gov't employee wishing for MORE days off..........

ummm that's because it never snows here. I think it's snowed *maybe* twice where we have gotten more then 2 inches, even that is not worthy of shutting down businesses, IMO.

Originally posted by pgiddy

Looky here, looks like we've found another gov't employee wishing for MORE days off..........

ummm that's because it never snows here. I think it's snowed *maybe* twice where we have gotten more then 2 inches, even that is not worthy of shutting down businesses, IMO.

LMAO.. I'm not a government employee.. The client is gov't.. And yes, I also think it's a JOKE when they go nuts over 3" of snow (I'm originally from Russia, went to school in Syracuse, and up until a couple of months ago lived in NYC, so I know all about real snow LOL)..

Just out of curiosity pgiddy, what do you do for work? :confused:

work for an investments firm.......there is thing out there, called the private sector. Pretty interesting, it's a crazy world out there I tell ya..............

hmmm I wonder what you do?? Could it be, do you work for the Gov't TOO, nah...........??:idea: let me guess you want tomorrow off??