Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snow Day?

cookiegirl

Originally posted by pgiddy

work for an investments firm.......there is thing out there, called the private sector. Pretty interesting, it's a crazy world out there I tell ya..............

hmmm I wonder what you do?? Could it be, do you work for the Gov't TOO, nah...........??:idea: let me guess you want tomorrow off??

Brilliant guess, seeing as how I'm the one that started this thread. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mysteriousss

LMAO.. I'm not a government employee.. The client is gov't.. And yes, I also think it's a JOKE when they go nuts over 3" of snow (I'm originally from Russia, went to school in Syracuse, and up until a couple of months ago lived in NYC, so I know all about real snow LOL)..

Oh yeah, well I went to school in Syracuse AND Rochester! :D

All the snow was fun, but I'm glad I'm not in either place anymore.

Originally posted by mysteriousss

LMAO.. I'm not a government employee.. The client is gov't.. And yes, I also think it's a JOKE when they go nuts over 3" of snow (I'm originally from Russia, went to school in Syracuse, and up until a couple of months ago lived in NYC, so I know all about real snow LOL)..

Get out of here, you work for an contractor TOO, gee imagine that:blank:

Yeah I lived in upstate NY for a few yrs too, talk about snow we needed like 8 inches overnight for them to even think about closing school. Went to college in Boston, same situation. These people down here freak over an inch, it is funny, but gets old very quick..........it's all good though

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Brilliant guess, seeing as how I'm the one that started this thread. :rolleyes:

brilliant, yeah thats one of the words that is usually used to describe me...........wow looks like someone else is getting offended. Maybe you and Tiny should go protest or write your Senator. I mean really, you guys are overworked and underpaid:blank:

Originally posted by crank47

Oh yeah, well I went to school in Syracuse AND Rochester! :D

All the snow was fun, but I'm glad I'm not in either place anymore.

Syracuse is REALLY hurtin' this winter.. I keep in touch with the director of one of the programs and she said that they had more snow dumped this year than any other year recently.. That whole area SUCKS.. I hated it :(

Originally posted by pgiddy

Get out of here, you work for an contractor TOO, gee imagine that:blank:

Yeah I lived in upstate NY for a few yrs too, talk about snow we needed like 8 inches overnight for them to even think about closing school. Went to college in Boston, same situation. These people down here freak over an inch, it is funny, but gets old very quick..........it's all good though

blah.gif

Well, I know that Syracuse University has been closed TWICE since 1870 because of snow.. And a 3rd time in the winter of 1999/2000 when we had a hurricane :eek: .. But hey, can you blame us for wanting a day off for nothing?????? Cmon now.. I surely can use a day to relax... Whats wrong with that? Are you a workaholic of some sort? Coz if you are, ya gotta teach me how to do that, coz I can barely drag my a$$ outta bed every day..

From wunderground.com

"The heaviest snow will likely occur just before and during the morning commute... before tapering off during the late morning hours."

So it's going to snow the hardest before and when people would leave for work, causing closings, and then we get the rest of the day to go out and play while they're cleaning up? *This* lazy-ass government employee is thrilled! :D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

From wunderground.com

"The heaviest snow will likely occur just before and during the morning commute... before tapering off during the late morning hours."

So it's going to snow the hardest before and when people would leave for work, causing closings, and then we get the rest of the day to go out and play while they're cleaning up? *This* lazy-ass government employee is thrilled! :D

:aright: :aright: :aright:

if our offices are closed, I say we start drinking as early as possible. Yeah I'm lazy and I'm a lush. Sue me :rolleyes: