Clubplanet Nightlife Community

breakbeat parties??

Originally posted by ogmiami

There will be a breaks room at the Hooj party...Monday, 3/17. Also look for a Marine Parade (Adam Freeland's Label) event...I'll let you know where we are doing it

hey thanks for the info. 17th sounds good - i'll be flying in on the 16th. when you know where the maine parade event is definitely get in touch. you can pm me here or email me at misskitty_33760@yahoo.com. Thanks again!!

The reason that the Hooj Party has such a good vibe every year is that they are a true "Indy" label and it's a true "industry" party. We've done this party for five years now and have never paid a DJ fee...they play because they love it. Since we started doing it at Opium, it has been amazing because of the ability to have four different sounds on in four different rooms. We can let guys play long sets and really show what they're about. I remember last year that people kept telling me that they had never heard the types of sounds being played by Freq Nasty or Tom Middleton or Tayo or...you get the picture. It was very cool to be able to expose people to new stuff.

BTW - Sunday night (3/16) @ Jazid...we're doing a really small party the same as we did last year with the Hooj sister label, AIRTIGHT. It's free for anyone who wants to come and Red Jerry, Ross Cale and Sean Pollen will be providing the tunes. A few CP peeps came to this last year and were blown away. They got to hang with some big names (Oakey, Parks and Wilson, Slacker...), and have drinks. To be honest, we do the party for free drinks...there is no $$ involved which is refreshing.

Cheers,

Dade

Originally posted by ogmiami

The reason that the Hooj Party has such a good vibe every year is that they are a true "Indy" label and it's a true "industry" party. We've done this party for five years now and have never paid a DJ fee...they play because they love it. Since we started doing it at Opium, it has been amazing because of the ability to have four different sounds on in four different rooms. We can let guys play long sets and really show what they're about. I remember last year that people kept telling me that they had never heard the types of sounds being played by Freq Nasty or Tom Middleton or Tayo or...you get the picture. It was very cool to be able to expose people to new stuff.

BTW - Sunday night (3/16) @ Jazid...we're doing a really small party the same as we did last year with the Hooj sister label, AIRTIGHT. It's free for anyone who wants to come and Red Jerry, Ross Cale and Sean Pollen will be providing the tunes. A few CP peeps came to this last year and were blown away. They got to hang with some big names (Oakey, Parks and Wilson, Slacker...), and have drinks. To be honest, we do the party for free drinks...there is no $$ involved which is refreshing.

Cheers,

Dade

Thanks sounds really cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go ... Mostly UK breakbeat, but some of the talent, like DeeKline specifically, have a fascination with Miami Bass / Breaks. Last year the party went off ... this year is round two. Check it out on Thursday 3/20

Transatlantic Garage/2step/Breakbeat Showcase

Presented by: Boosted, 2stepsound, Valance Artists

Sponsored by: Deuce Magazine, WMCwap, XLR8R

Time: 10pm-5am

Price: $5

Websites:

http://www.boosted.com

http://www.wmcwap.com

http://www.2stepsound.com

wmc@boosted.com

wmc@2stepsound.com

Lineup:

* US Side: confirmed:

T.S. Heritage (Boosted Recordings - Miami)

Rama (2stepSound, Soiree - Seattle)

Mundo (Groovology - Dallas)

Edgar Um (Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh)

Syrup (SanFran, NYC)

Cooper Bethea (North Carolina)

Annalyze (Stanton - New York)

* UK Side: confirmed:

DeeKline (Rat Records - UK)

DJ Touch (Feminine Pressure - UK)

Lisa Unique (AIM Records - UK)

Beats and Styles (Finland)

Trans2Front.jpg

Trans2Back.jpg

I forgot to mention about The Perversion Party i said before in this post, I saw a FUEL party in NC with Tipper etc. It was totally off the hook, breaks, hell, broke my leg, hahah, but they are going to have the FUEL chargers there too, 2 cars with outstanding and i mean insane soundsystems set up just for decor. It is fucking crazy, if you can check out the party. Its gonna be phenominal for any breaks fans!

coming to a club near you!!!

THURSDAY, MARCH 20, 2003>>>

SOUTH BEACH, MIAMI, WMC>>>

3003 :

THE FUTURE SOUND OF BREAKS

*Exclusive WMC US Breakbeat Showcase*

presented by:

droppin' science US & sound recordings

sponsored by:

moonshine music, caffeine, tcr usa, freakin music, insomniac records,

millenium recordings, frajile recordings, fundamental breakz, liquid mercury,

global htm, twilight grooves, vizion 1 and more....

LIVE PERFORMANCES by...

JASP 182 [exclusive live pa]

PRIZM & ECLIPSE [live pa]

SENSEI [live pa]

DJ/TAG TEAM SETS by...

STORM & JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY

MERLYN

DBJ

MADAME MERCURY

ROB-E & SECURITY

ERIC BERRETTA

ASH ROCK

ECLIPSE

JAMES WOLFE

TREVOR ROCKWELL

& more...

and a few more headliners to be added that happen to be from the other

coast....get ready for the cali future funk :)

to be announced shortly...stay tuned for more details this week.

Get ready MIA cauz this party is gonna be a family affair like no other...

Any further info needed on this event in the meantime, feel free to reach us

@

droppinscienceUS@aol.com or droppinscience00@aol.com

For those lookin' for a weekly dosage of breaks, you can find me playing at Level in the Mezzanine upstairs. For the past 4 months or so, I've been one of the Saturday night residents there playing mainly breaks throughout the night with a few straight beat insertions here and there and the occasional downtempo interlude.

If you would like to be included on the guestlist on any particular Saturday night, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to get you and your guests in for complimentary admission till 1AM.

Rgds,

FX