Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i love you

sassa

do these three simple words bring a smile to your face, or a frown?

are there situations where it is not a good thing to say this, or a certain time in a relationship...

does it ever scare anyone to hear someone telling them they love them...

:confused:

hearing that has never made me frown, and i'm not scared of it at all. i am very much into open communication, and i don't want anyone in my life to feel afraid of telling me anything, and loving me is included. i would also like to think that i can tell anyone in my life that i love him/her without it being misunderstood or frightening. it seems to me that, if i say that and it scares the other person, something is wrong with the relationship.

the only time it can be misconstrued is when i love my male friends in a non-romantic way and they interpret it otherwise, but i don't think that's happened. right now i love a guy in my life very much, but thinking of doing anything romantic/sexual with him is a yucky thought, to say the least :yuck: (no offense) ! he's gay anyway, so i'm not afraid of things ever getting confused between us. that makes it all very wonderfully comfortable.

i do, however, hate when people just throw the word, "love" out casually. it means a great deal to me, and i only say it to people i really do love. i don't love all of my friends, i don't even love everyone in my family. for me, it's a very strong bond. when people cheapen the word, it really gets to me :no: .

what i mean by this...is that are you always ready to hear such a declaration of emotions all the time...is there a certain point in a relationship when it's meant to happen....do you have to have certain kinds of feelings before you can hear it/ready to say it yourself....

i don't think saying you love someone is necessarily a great thing all the time...especially when you have a clue that the other party is unwilling or unable to return your feelings...

just random babbling...

yeah i think there is a certain amount of time and feelings that should come forward before you tell someone you love them. if someone jumps into telling me they love me it discounts the true meaning of the words and it makes something that should be really special into something trivial... that could definitely cause problems down the line. i do not rush into telling people i love them...

Originally posted by magellanmax

So I take this would be a bad time to profess my undying love for you.... No ? :D

you may know more about me than i think you do, or have just fallen in love with my fabulous smileys touched.gif . who am i to say that you do or do not love me? i don't know you well enough to say that you're using the word in a cavalier fashion :D:laugh2: .

Originally posted by psychosweetie

I love hearing that someone loves me, and it doesnt scare me at all. Whether it be my boyfriend, my friends, a relative, whoever, it feels good to know people care:D

Yeah, but it's one thing to say it to family, friends, etc,, but another thing when you're getting involved with someone.

I just feel that when you're in a relationship, you're on a different plateau. A plateau where much more is at stake, and the mere word "Love" carries more meaning than just to good friends. Even saying it to family seems to have a different connotation than a boyfriend/girlfriend.

i think i love you is such a controversial thing to say sometimes...i mean i rarely hear it from my family bc they are a taste bit odd and no one talks much but i always tell my friends i love them cause well i really really do but as for telling someone i've been with i love them, definitely never have...so many times i think in my own mind i think i've mixed up the feelings of infatuation and a new found happiness with love but i'm not the type to say 'i love you' so easily anyway so it's gonna take someone really extraordinary for me to open up that uninhibited...i think i'm just terrified bc of all my past whatevers, i've always feel like everything is riding on his shoulders, like it's not my choice what's happening, it's his, so if i ever said and meant i love you and the feeling wasn't recipricated i think i might never say it again and that would be bad...

falling in love with someone, to me, means that i need to feel the vibe from the other person if it hasnt been said yet. its kinda hard for me to fall in LOVE with someone who doesnt love me back. infatuation is definitely possible... but its all in the way the person treats me, shows his feelings, his personality, etc.. that makes me fall in love as well as all the other more obvious reasons. so for me to tell someone i love them doesnt scare me nor does it scare me if he says it first. things need to be pretty serious for the phrase to mean something more than just a 'phrase'... in which case, we most likely are in love with EACH OTHER... if one feels the need to say it...am i making sense?

but yes. im in love and i wasnt scared at all when the feelings were first expressed. in fact, i "loved" it :D

Originally posted by sassa

are there situations where it is not a good thing to say this, or a certain time in a relationship...

This three words bring a smile to my face.

Yeah i think when you trying to fuck a girl in the ass you shouldnt say I love you. It just doesn't seem right.

Originally posted by sassa

Blah