Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My V-day story

copahc

Well Hi everyone,

I'm pretty fucking bored so I figured I would tell everyone about my horrid valentines day. Sorry, it’s a novel... but it’s somewhat amusing.

I went on a last minute date with a guy from work, Ben. To preface the story I'll give you a little background about us. Stuff has been awkward between him and I since we met each other. He started hitting on me when I was seeing someone else, so my boyfriend at the time was pissed and hated him. So before I even knew him that well, it was awkward because I had to have these talks with him like... I'm only interested in you as a friend, I have a boyfriend, you are pissing him off... blah blah blah. So eventually when my bf and I broke up, Ben and I started hanging out a lot more. I still let him know however, that I did not want a boyfriend, I needed to be single for a while etc. etc. So eventually one night while hanging out, we kiss and I end up sleeping at his place, mostly because there is a blizzard outside... mind you all we did that night was kiss, and he seemed to have to problem with that. (he didn’t even try to go further)

So then we get to valentines day. He IMs me at work and says.. you didn't want to do anything friday did you? I say "i dunno" because I really didn't care either way, or expect him to ask me out. He says "I don't feel like doing the restaurant thing, wanna camp out at my place, or you can cook me dinner this time" Now, being a little pissed, and feeling like a cheap date, I say "No, actually I think i'm gonna hold out for a date on valentines day, Hallmark has me brainwashed." So of course that doesn't go over well. We end up in this argument/ misunderstanding/talking about how I don't want a boyfriend again... and eventually decide to go out because he insists on taking me somewhere.

OK.. so Friday he shows up at my place with a with a 12 pack of Corona and two limes. He says he wants to take me to the little Italian place which happens to be down the street. So we walk down, put our name in, there's a 1.5 hour wait so we go back to my place, drink more, kiss and cuddle on the couch... we have dinner, and we are having pretty much a great time. After dinner we were supposed to meet up with this other couple we are friends with, but they end up getting locked out of their apartment and go to Ben's. So we just go over to his place to hang out with them, and finish the beers.

So we're all sitting there watching TV and he says to me, “so do you want to sleep at my place, or go back to yours?†I say... “well you can bring me back i guess. “ He say's “hahaha... I mean I'm gonna go with you.†Well I figured he was just screwing around, and I might as well stay at his place, we were having a great time anyway. So he proceeds to pick me up... brings me into his bed room, drops me on the bed, throws a sleeping bad out for the 2 in the living room, closes the door, and turns up the music. I say are you gonna give me something to sleep in? He laughs. We kiss for a little while , and he starts taking of my clothes... um ok. So then he looks at me all weird and says "wanna have sex now?" Um ok... I have no idea what to say.. so I say "You are really freaking me out"

" What.. you don't?"

"Um, no!"

" Well girls don't usually come into my bed unless they wanna have sex"

" What about the last time I slept over?"

"?"

Very awkward silence follows

He says" Well are you gonna say something or yell at m or something"

" I have NO idea what to say. I don't get you"

" I thought you wanted to have sex with me"

"Why, what did i do?"

"You didn't do anything"

" So was it expected just because you brought me on a date? Sorry, I don't usually put out on the first date"

He gets up and crawls in his sleeping bag on the floor. I still have no idea what to say. Finally he says want me to bring you home?.

"YES"

So a very awkward ride home follows.

"Does this mean you don't want to hang out any more?"

"Probably"

"So this is probably the worst Valentines Day you ever had huh?

"Yeah I'd say so"

"I'm such an idiot"

"Yup"

WTF

Is this a normal thing to happen? Because, Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I could understand if I was putting out signals or something. But I honestly didn’t do anything!!! We just went out for dinner. And Guys... If you want to sleep with someone... Isn’t there usually some foreplay involved??? I mean you don’t just make out a little and then say “wanna have sex now?†Maybe I’m just missing something... but I’ve hooked up with guys before, and non of them just expected me to just put out. And even if they were trying to sleep with me, there was usually some FOREPLAY, like touching and stuff. Is that a foreign concept??

Well if anyone's still reading this. hahaha. What a night!