Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: All Djs & Quality Music Lovers

RE: STUCK ON EARTH & SYMPTY PRODUCTIONS

ATTN: ALL DJS THAT HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT AND OR SUBMIT DEMOS TO BOTH STUCK ON EARTH & SYMPTY.

WHY IS IT THAT BOTH THESE COMPANIES LACK TOTAL PROFESSIONALISM??? YOU SEND THEM YOUR CD, FOLLOW UP W/ THEM EITHER BY EMAIL OR PHONE YET THEY DON'T RESPOND BACK TO YOU.

NOW SHOUTING OUT BOTH STUCK ON EARTH & SYMPTY MIGHT SEEM BOLD OR HARSH BUT HEY, THE LIST DOES'NT STOP WITH THEM. MANY RAVE & ELECTRONIC PARTY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO PRACTICING THE SAME BULLSHIT. YOU SEND THEM A QUALITY CD, YOU FOLLOW UP BUT YET THEY DON'T RETURN YOUR CALLS OR EMAILS? WHY THE HELL IS THIS???

IT COMES DOWN TO THE SAME OLE' STORY-- IF YOU'RE NOT DOWN WITH THEM, EITHER PART OF THEIR ORGANIZATION-- "DJ/PROMOTER" , A BIG NAME DJ, KISSING THEIR ASSES, OR CONVENITLEY FRIENDS WITH THEM, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET BOOKED. NOWADAYS IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH SKILLS YOU HAVE, THEY ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS YOU ARE DOWN WITH THEIR PROGRAM.

MANY OF YOU DJS HAVE BEEN OUT THERE FOR YEARS, PRACTICING YOUR CRAFT, PERFECTING YOUR MIXING AND ARE WELL SEASONED DJS. YOU ARE STUMPED, AND FEEL LIKE YOUR ARE NOT EXPANDING YOUR HORIZONS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CATCH A BREAK AND PLAY AT A DECENT SIZED VENUE WITH A DECENT SOUND SYSTEM THAT CAN HANDLE BASS FILLED, HARD ELECTRONIC BEATS. YOU WONDER HOW ARE THESE YOUNG BUCKS THAT JUST GOT THEIR TURNTABLES LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO ARE GETTING GIGS AND PLAYING AT 500+ CAPACITY VENUE? I AM WONDERING AS WELL HOW THESE KIDS ARE GETTING GIGS, WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN COMPLETELY KNOW HOW TO USE A MIXER???

IF YOU'RE A FRUSTRATED DJ THAT HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR A WHILE AND ARE ALSO STUMPED TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING LET ME KNOW WHO YOU FEEL. I AM SICK OF THESE PROMOTERS BULLSHITTING AND CLAIMING TO HIGHLIGHT UPCOMING TALENT AND GIVING THE REAL TALENTED DJS A CHANCE WHEN THEY ARE NOT, THEY ARE SIMPLY LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR PEOPLES AND THEIR POCKETS. ITS TIME FOR THESE BULLSHIT ARTISTS TO BE EXPOSED!!!

WHAT'S UP STUCK ON EARTH???? YOU PUT ON AN EVENT- "I HAVE A DREAM" IN DEDICATION TO DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH- BUT YET YOU HAVE NO MINORITIES - BLACKS OR LATINOS PERFORMING ON YOUR BILL??? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??? AND JUSTIFYING HAVING ONE BLACK DJ IS NOT GOING TO COVER IT!!!

AND SYMPTY.... YEAH CRAIG HARRIS... OK WE ALL KNOW YOU RUN SYMPTY, AND WHY IS IT YOU ARE ALWAYS DJING AT EVERY SINGLE EVENT YOU THROW.. HIGH HO!!! EGO!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... THE SAME DJS, THAT TRULY LACK SKILL ARE SPINNING AT THESE EVENTS TIME AFTER TIME, EVENT AFTER EVENT.. CAN SOMEONE SAY BORING!! I READ THE AFTER POSTS ON EVERY SINGLE ELECTRONIC BOARD, AFTER EVERY EVENT, AND THE REVIEWS ARE THE SAME. PARTY GOERS ARE NOT IMPRESSED, YET MORE DISAPOINTED.. ALL I READ ABOUT IS CRITICISM, COMPLAINTS AND A MEDIOCRE NIGHT, WHERE HAS THE SCENE GONE? SHOT TO SHIT!!

ITS TIME FOR YOU LAMOS WHO LACK CREATIVITY AND LACK THE PARTY PLANNING THAT YOU ONCE POSSESSED, TO BE EXPOSED!!!

SO TO ALL THE DJS OUT THERE WHO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT LET ME KNOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND!!!

Originally posted by themaddj

WHAT'S UP STUCK ON EARTH???? YOU PUT ON AN EVENT- "I HAVE A DREAM" IN DEDICATION TO DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH- BUT YET YOU HAVE NO MINORITIES - BLACKS OR LATINOS PERFORMING ON YOUR BILL??? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??? AND JUSTIFYING HAVING ONE BLACK DJ IS NOT GOING TO COVER IT!!!

AND SYMPTY.... YEAH CRAIG HARRIS... OK WE ALL KNOW YOU RUN SYMPTY, AND WHY IS IT YOU ARE ALWAYS DJING AT EVERY SINGLE EVENT YOU THROW.. HIGH HO!!! EGO!!

Uh hello DON GLAUDE & FEELGOOD, not that you have to be a minority to celebrate what MLK did..point is null and void

And If you don't like how it works, guess what, throw your own damn parties. I have realized this is how the scene works, and you either work within it, or you do it yourself.

You just want a free ride, to DJ without having to do any work, and its not gonna happen.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

And If you don't like how it works, guess what, throw your own damn parties. I have realized this is how the scene works, and you either work within it, or you do it yourself.

You just want a free ride, to DJ without having to do any work, and its not gonna happen.

Personally I would never book someone with a CAPS LOCK issue like he has. That said, I don't think he was looking for a free ride. He did mention all the DJs who learned the skills and put in the time.

Just keep at it, whether it takes 5 months or 15 years. As long as you enjoy it along the way. And people shouldn't be so bitter. This is the way the entertainment industry forever has been and always will be.

What he said is mostly true but:

The scene is there because those people throw the partys..there would be no scene without promoters, the people that are actually taking a huge finacial risk to throw these partys.

Now if you were one of these guys throwing these partys, wouldnt you want to spin at your own event? I know I would, so i don't get bitter that a promoter is playing his own party.

What we have here is the 2nd generation coming into the scene, and wanting to just inherit it, instead of having to take the risk to build and maintain it.

If all you wanted to was DJ, then your home is fine.

If you want to play big crowds, what gives you the right to play to those crowds without doing any work to get them there?

As much as you may or may not like some of these promoters, they have earned that right.

First off, as a promoter who throws his own party, I can tell you one thing right off the bat...I don't know how you acted with these guys you gave your demo to, but in this business you cannot approach people with a cocky or arrogant attitude, especially if they don't know you, and you don't know them. This entire post of yours is one long bitch session which doesn't really do much for your case.

Second, not everyone runs their parties in the way you described. I, for one, certainly do not. That being said, I will also say that it is really the promoters right to say who spins at their party. Creating a successful party is a lot of hard work and is very stressful. Given this fact, it is very understandable for a promoter to give a spot to someone who has helped them out before rather than someone who has no ties to him at all. After all, this is how things work in any business. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

At the end of the day, its the promoters job to throw a successful party. Maybe the DJs getting spots have a lot of friends and fans they can bring to the party and this is a big plus to any promoter. Bashing a promoter for spinning at his own party is ridiculous. Shouldn't he be able to benefit from the fruits of his own labor? I am sure you would do the same. If you don't like it, go throw your own party and you will see just how difficult it can be.

Originally posted by roha3000

First off, as a promoter who throws his own party, I can tell you one thing right off the bat...I don't know how you acted with these guys you gave your demo to, but in this business you cannot approach people with a cocky or arrogant attitude, especially if they don't know you, and you don't know them. This entire post of yours is one long bitch session which doesn't really do much for your case.

Second, not everyone runs their parties in the way you described. I, for one, certainly do not. That being said, I will also say that it is really the promoters right to say who spins at their party. Creating a successful party is a lot of hard work and is very stressful. Given this fact, it is very understandable for a promoter to give a spot to someone who has helped them out before rather than someone who has no ties to him at all. After all, this is how things work in any business. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

At the end of the day, its the promoters job to throw a successful party. Maybe the DJs getting spots have a lot of friends and fans they can bring to the party and this is a big plus to any promoter. Bashing a promoter for spinning at his own party is ridiculous. Shouldn't he be able to benefit from the fruits of his own labor? I am sure you would do the same. If you don't like it, go throw your own party and you will see just how difficult it can be.

exactly

good to see someone is on the same page as me

Originally posted by roha3000

couldnt have said it better myself...

it aint as easy as it looks, there are sooo many factors involved that you have no clue about ESPECIALLY parties of that magnitude.