Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite Band?

joeg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some that i love are of course zeppelin, guns and roses, stone temple pilots, smashing pumpkins, sublime, rage against the machine, audioslave, the doors, red hot chilis. There are too many great bands to just have one favorite.But i do love my Incubus.

Originally posted by smokesum

1. TOOL

2. NIN

3. RAGE

4. RADIOHEAD

eargerly awaiting TAPEWORM

nice list...

Hmm... in no particular order... i'd say mine are:

Metallica

Rage Against the Machine

NOFX

System of a Down

The Offspring

Tool

Nirvana

just to name a few... they all have a lot of songs that just conjure a lot of emotion...

Well, it was the Offspring, until even they got a bit unbearable.

Then there's Metallica, but they turned into a group of crack dumpsters after the black album.

Basically, lots of bands that I used to like just grew into suckage after a while. Speaks volumes about our music industry, I suppose...but if I had to pick:

The Offspring...the band that turned me on to good music in the first place.

Thereafter:

Metallica

Ministry

Alice in Chains

Nirvana

Tool

White Zombie

NIN

Deftones

Incubus

Pitchshifter

Zebrahead

Linkin Park (dissappointing one trick ponies)

Etc...

Originally posted by xpander

Well, it was the Offspring, until even they got a bit unbearable.

Then there's Metallica, but they turned into a group of crack dumpsters after the black album.

Basically, lots of bands that I used to like just grew into suckage after a while. Speaks volumes about our music industry, I suppose...but if I had to pick:

The Offspring...the band that turned me on to good music in the first place.

Thereafter:

Metallica

Ministry

Alice in Chains

Nirvana

Tool

White Zombie

NIN

Deftones

Incubus

Pitchshifter

Zebrahead

Linkin Park (dissappointing one trick ponies)

Etc...

hah! i hear on on the offspring... and i was gonna put greenday up but they fall into the same category but worse... I think the trouble with any punk band that gains major stardom and gets older is they're no longer young OR angry... so it becomes kinda hard to pull that off... how inspired can you really be when all the problems you once put to song as a release are now cured??

similiar idea goes for metallica... although i liked load & reload... not as much as previous stuff... but i liked it... but i swear to god, if i had to see lars crying about napster 1 more time on tv i was gonna throw up... now moving onto their 3rd bassist... you have to wonder if their days are up... although, they pulled off replacing the irreplacable cliff burton... so i wouldn't put it past them... i saw a recent interview with lars (hes such a camera slut) and he said their new album is going to be a return to the HARDER sound they once had...

I can't wait for Linkin Park to put out a 2nd REAL cd... (i'm not counting reanimation... thats like b sides)... I think they have real potential... lets hope they don't turn into limp bizkit (ie. great debut album, and progressively worse subsequent albums)

Nine Inch Nails are also great... not my *FAVORITE* but definatley in the collection... i like some of the older stuff more...