Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You are now allowed to Dance!

cookiegirl

Those wacky Wheaton kids. . . :rolleyes:

CHRISTIAN U. TAKES 1-2-3 STEP FORWARD

February 21, 2003

They still can't have sex or booze it up, but students at the super-strict Wheaton College finally have permission to dance.

The evangelical Christian school - whose graduates include the Rev. Billy Graham - also has loosened up with faculty members and graduate students, allowing them to smoke and drink alcohol.

The changes came after the school's board of trustees feared the school might be violating a 1991 Illinois law that sets limits on how much employers can regulate the private lives of their workers.

"Drinking and tobacco use are none of the college's business," said board spokeswoman Pat Swindle.

Trustees then decided that even though the law wouldn't apply to their students, a little dancing would be OK. Still, any students caught in the sack or downing a cocktail can be expelled.

"We pretty much think it's a good change, something that was long overdue," said Lisa Nudd, 21, editor of the campus newspaper, the Record. "I know I danced off-campus with my boyfriend. It was nice."

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Those wacky Wheaton kids. . . :rolleyes:

CHRISTIAN U. TAKES 1-2-3 STEP FORWARD

February 21, 2003

They still can't have sex or booze it up, but students at the super-strict Wheaton College finally have permission to dance.

The evangelical Christian school - whose graduates include the Rev. Billy Graham - also has loosened up with faculty members and graduate students, allowing them to smoke and drink alcohol.

The changes came after the school's board of trustees feared the school might be violating a 1991 Illinois law that sets limits on how much employers can regulate the private lives of their workers.

"Drinking and tobacco use are none of the college's business," said board spokeswoman Pat Swindle.

Trustees then decided that even though the law wouldn't apply to their students, a little dancing would be OK. Still, any students caught in the sack or downing a cocktail can be expelled.

"We pretty much think it's a good change, something that was long overdue," said Lisa Nudd, 21, editor of the campus newspaper, the Record. "I know I danced off-campus with my boyfriend. It was nice."

Wasn't this the plot of Footloose? :confused: