Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yesterday, today, and tomorrow...

dgmodel

...I wonder why we treat today the way we do in light of the fact that life is filled with so many uncertainties. Tomorrow we treat with a lot of respect, but not today.

For instance, we know that the sun will rise tomorrow, don't we? The only problem is we don't know "for sure" that the sun will rise for us tomorrow.

Young people know that they will reach old age. The only problem is that lots of young folks don't live to reach old age.

We're convinced that our health will always be good and never bad. The only problem is that there are a lot of folks who thought the same thing who are desperately ill today.

A lot of people said, "Next Summer we are going to do such and such," and next summer never came.

A lot of people have said, "When I'm through here I'm going to do what I've been planning for a long time," and the plan was never accomplished because other plans spoke more loudly.

When I get around to it, I'm going to write that letter, make that call, take that person to dinner.

One of these days I'm going to do something about that problem--I really am...one of these days.

Did you ever think that maybe the more correct way to talk about tomorrow is to just admit up front that the possibility of tomorrow is not guaranteed?

With all our hearts we should plan to reach our future on this planet but maybe every plan we make ought to be prefaced with a great phrase from the great Book, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and also do this or that."

In the mean time you might ought to start thinking about what you are going to do TODAY...