Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grammys for Roger Sanchez and Dirty Vegas

funketeer

It was Norah Jones' night

sq-norah-perf-grammy-03-wi.jpg

Following Alicia Keys' five-Grammy pull in 2002, Norah Jones made good on all her nominations and generated eight wins, the most of any artist at the 45th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Dirty Vegas nabbed Best Dance Recording with "Days Go By"

Following a medley of "Underneath It All" and "Hella Good," No Doubt picked up Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group for "Hey Baby." The Orange County quartet's "Hella Good" also provided the foundation for Roger Sanchez's club remix, for which the New York DJ won for Best Remixed Recording.

The Clash's Joe Strummer was remembered by an all-star rendition of "London Calling" that featured Springsteen, Steven Van Zant, Elvis Costello and Grohl, each playing guitar and trading lyrics.

To get the full monty click here!

8 Grammys in one night!!!!

Yup...like she has a lot to look forward on her musical career...:rolleyes:

This kind of thing makes you think these events are totally fixed...it's a little sad to see how ties and pre-arranged shit always find their way into every activity...I think the girl is talented and the song that broke her is good...but, come on!!!! Ella Fitzgerald was doing the same thing in 1932...I mean...we should reward musicians that are exploring new possibilties, instead they get slapped in the face by some music teacher's pet with no star quality whatsoever...hum...I'm alittle disapointed here...every old fuck in the house praised her like she's the new thing and her style is super old...it's basicly jazz from the 20's / 30's...of course it sounds fresh and new...I rather hear the real Ella Fitzgerald...I'm done.

;)

Hum...congratulations Norah Jones...que CoJones!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

It's taken rap 20+ years to get recognized as populat music. I look forward to the day more electronic artist receive Grammy's.

Would that necessarily be a good thing though? Look at where rap was and now is. As soon as corporate America gets their grubby hands on music, it ends up being shitty. I like it where it is right now. Fuck a Grammy. Popularity and crossing over into mainstream culture ruins this music... look at Oakie and the whore of a CD he made with Bunkka. I pray it stay here, where DJs make cash and the people are insane. I would be crushed if I saw MTV take it on. America would ruin it if it were to go mainstream... we are not the UK, the can handle it

Originally posted by quest4sunrise

Would that necessarily be a good thing though? Look at where rap was and now is. As soon as corporate America gets their grubby hands on music, it ends up being shitty. I like it where it is right now. Fuck a Grammy. Popularity and crossing over into mainstream culture ruins this music... look at Oakie and the whore of a CD he made with Bunkka. I pray it stay here, where DJs make cash and the people are insane. I would be crushed if I saw MTV take it on. America would ruin it if it were to go mainstream... we are not the UK, the can handle it

I agree.:cool:

I think if more people listened to electronic music instead of rap, it might put them in a better mood and they would be nicer to each other. Music is meant to be shared. That's what all these artists, producers, DJ's want! Last year at Ultra, I saw thousands of people all getting along. All dancing together because they were able to share their love for their music with others who do too. And I hope there are thousands more this year!