Clubplanet Nightlife Community

proton 'perceptions' w/ dj dres

djresident

just in case you missed it on the 10 other boards, just wanted to give a shout to a solid show by dres today...

Hello everyone,

Tune in today at 3:00 p.m. for the usual bi-monthly dosage of the monday afternoon cure, Perceptions. This week my guest is Boston based DJ Daniel Spurling. Dan and partner Peter Ellis have started "Pitchdown.com", similar to the concept behind our popular "Warm Art" show, Pitchdown takes the deeper techier side of DJ'ing and focuses more on the subtle art of the warm up set.

Already acclaimed as one of the most talented rising stars within the Boston scene, Dan also gives back to the community by writing for the popular bi-monthly Boston reader "The Improper Bostonian" covering what's hot and new in the Boston club scene, highlighting local stars such as John Debo & Steve Porter, and shining the spotlight on those new up & coming stars.

The show today kicks off with Dan's set, and then continues with 2 sets of my own. We go from deep & techy, to deep, chuggy progressive into a sampling of some excellent deep trance, keeping the flow of the show nice and steady.

Tune in at: www.protonradio.com/

Tracklisting info, and bio information for Dan is located on my show's page, located at:

www.protonradio.com/show.php?showid=12

Anyone interested in copies of these shows can contact me, or leave a post here , or in the show's forum. Thanks again for everyone's continued support for Perceptions and I hope you enjoy today's show.

dres' show (including guests) are always prerecorded, so i can always get a hold of them if you want of the ftp or my desktop. i have a folder on soulseek with about 20 dres mixes in it (past shows). if you want to drop me an email some night, maybe i could aim it or something...

i have a firewall at a work, so i get nothing streaming off the net, i wisj i had proton at work like i did at bu:(

res, what's your soulseek name? I'd like to check out a couple of sets (I can't get on proton here at work either).

Proton rocks man. Flavanugz and I heard Hisham's 'Cowbell' song (the one that Howells played) on his proton set Saturday afternoon... set us up perfect for the club! (That song is the bitch-tits!)

And rumor has it a certain board member just might have a little debut set of his own coming up on proton ;)

Originally posted by djresident

oh fo shizzle...my slsk name is kelton49

i'm not logged in all that often because it crashes if left alone for a couple hours, i'll try to be on after work today and tomorrow. i need the final two cd's of zabiela's 4...

Nice, I'll try to jump on after work today too... my name's twoam2early.

I don't have the Zabiela CDs yet, but we listened to all of them on the way down to New York. Whatupg got them personally sent to her by Zabiela... now that is some good DJ whoring! :D

The CDs are really good. Not as much scratching as I'd expected, but each CD compliments the other well. Definitely 4+ hours of good music!