Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York vs LA

nitro449

Originally posted by gumby76

You still don't get it...it's not better or worse...it's just plain

different

------------------

I have lived on both coast and done both scenes. They are different. I think this is one on those questions that will never have one right answer.

I love NYC for it's music, the DJ's that frequent the City, and the vibe that most venues in NYC have. Sometimes smaller is better. I have heard some great DJ's in little places.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ericanthony

I think I like the music out here in LA better, but as for nightlife in general, the NYC has it going on.

The clubs on the east coast start late and go late. Our shit ends at two, WTF?

Hopefully we'll catch up and the party will really start!!

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.mystylus.com" TARGET=_blank> banner2.gif </A>

The music is so weak in LA if anything it's the other way around. Listen to your vocals and sit around a pool you fags. We get wild in NYC

Exactly...people from NYC are probabaly tired of these chumps from NJ frontin' like their from NYC. They're a bunch of Cheeseballs, all of em....especially those two guido fags chosenone and saleen...I bet this guy's their best friend.

Yea, Jerzee is the shit...Tsettos is the superstar dj...go back to the jerzeee shoare and stay on your own boards...and make sure your girlfriend has enough final net to style her mustache.

Originally posted by snappy139

Joey Carbonhead... you were just bashing the Boston board about how New Jersey is the shit and know you say NYC is!! Get your shit straight - :laugh:

Hey asshole I live right outside the city so I have the luxury of doing Jersey in the summer and the city in the winter.

• 1 month later...

Unless you've been to both NY and LA to go clubbin', I wouldn' t talk... Personally, I've only clubbed in and around the LA area, and the night life here is pretty lively. It's not about which place is better, it's about their differences and what they have to offer. It doesn't matter, as long as you're having fun, right?

Has anyone gone down to T.J., MX to go clubbin'?? It's pretty ghetto down there, but it's fun just to kick it, dance, and have a few drinks down there. They only have about 3 or 4 nice clubs down there. If anyone decides to go there, go in a big group of people. Safety in numbers. That area is crazy!

Oh man! I used to go down to TJ when I first moved out here...now I only go in the daytime,the guys are butt as hell and always pawing at the girls, and it's just fucking DIRTY. In my opinion, most people go there to get drunk and then get some ass...I've seen people fucking in the corners in Safari and Club A...it's pretty fucked up. Zool and Baby Rock aren't shabby though....

I've been clubbin in LA for 3 years now and NYC for about 5 years. There's no contest, NYC is much better. If you haven't been out in NYC don't even talk cause you have no idea. I'll take Tenaglia over anyone that's ever been at Giant or Spundae... Plus the ravers and gimmicks in LA are killing the scene. Most clubbers in LA don't know anything about the actual music. Most of them are rolling too hard and just like anyone that comes on... I don't think anyone can possibly say LA is better... Besides, LA has like two real clubs anyway...

Who cares, it's 2 different cultures. It's 2 different ways of life. To each his own. Live where you want but don't bag on the other peoples scene. In LA you can't escape the industry(movies and TV) the whole economy is based on it and people from the industry are everywhere. So it is always a show and always wanting to be seen. It's a way of life, take it or leave it.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tyco

Vinyl? Tenaglia?

Anyways.....

I agree with most of that except you fail to give mention to the smaller venues and less-known DJs.......the more underground scene in NYC is still strong IMO......many times, some lesser known DJs are exceptional, better than some big DJs, but just don't have the name yet......yea, the bigger venues are in bad shape for the most part but that is not the only thing NYC has in terms of the scene.......anyways, things go through stages and we're in a low point right now......we'll be back up.

and about the average NYC clubber being closed minded......that's bullshit to me because I don't consider those types you described as clubbers.......more like crackheads......the core crowd in the city ie people that frequent places like Centro, Vinyl, and Twilo when it was open are very open minded, musically educated, and always want to hear something new......

I was out in SC last year and it's an up and coming scene IMO......I think it will be great there in years to come but NY has been there and done many things in the 90s that LA hasn't even touched.......the only problem I had with the scene was that most of the people seem very fake and put up facades......everyone's trying to impress ALL of the time......also people seem a bit less in tune to the music and more on just "being at the club"........in NY nobody gives a shit what you look like in the clubs.......people are not so judgemental and dressing down is engouraged in most good clubs.......music is the top priority.

you should look more to the underground elements of the scene in NY rather than the mainstream garbage to see a more intact view of the scene right now.......hard house doesn't dominate the scene, not the real one anyway......:)

Tyco - What has NY done that LA hasn't even touched?

I'm a originally a NYer, but lived in LA for a couple of years and experienced first hand what it was like. I'm living in the NY area now and have been for several years. I travel to LA to spin a couple times of every year and I find it easier to get gigs, work at quality venues and I don't have promoters asking me to play more commercial stuff. I typically get round trip plane tickets, a night in a hotel and a fair rate of pay (half up front). I don't get asked to play the latest Deb Cox/Tamia/Jessica Fowlker track and people don't walk off the floor if they don't hear a vocal every ten minutes.

I contrast that with my experience in NY. Club Owners/Managers/Promoters don't want to give you a chance unless you can bring them 500 people, then they don't want to pay you anything decent, the crowds don't know what to do if you play a non-vocal cut the little girlies haven't heard on KTU.

I agree that at certain clubs in LA there are to many movie industry wannabes. I always avoided those places. The people I have seen in LA were even less image conscious than the average NY clubber. It was very much a rave attitude and clothing style that I saw for the most part. IE The Music Matters Not What Clothing Label You Happen to Be Wearing.

I hope that NY is able to re-assume the crown on nightlife capitol of the world. I just don't think that will happen until Giuliani is out of office and there are two or more large venues running a format similar to what Twilo was doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez...you fools are still talking about this???? Especially in the light of what's going on in the world, in our country right now???? WEAK!

One's not better than the other...they're different period...drop it. We're all in the same country...who gives a fuck who has a better club scene? Who cares who has better dj's? It's all subjective anyway...how about a little unity instead???? Huh? Is that too much to ask for right now????? :confused::idea:

Jersey is Better than both LA and NYC!!!! Better looking Guidette MOnsters, Bigger Guys, WAYYYYY bigger then the skinny pussies out in LA. Is there any big guys there. I mean I am exceptioanlly built so if you want to see me I will be at the Key Club on the 26th unfortuantely. Look for the 6'5 260lbs Guido Master!!! I will dominate all, West Coast Fear my presence!!!! My traps are bigger then your San Fran Mountains

Originally posted by dlish

Jeez...you fools are still talking about this???? Especially in the light of what's going on in the world, in our country right now???? WEAK!

One's not better than the other...they're different period...drop it. We're all in the same country...who gives a fuck who has a better club scene? Who cares who has better dj's? It's all subjective anyway...how about a little unity instead???? Huh? Is that too much to ask for right now????? :confused::idea:

BRO, JERSEY TAKES THE CAKE ON EVERYTHING!!!!! DIE YOUNG!!DIE BIG!! DIANABOL!!!

Originally posted by trikki

Don't waste your time even responding to this ass, he is all over the NJ boards all the time and thinks he is the greatest.

Get over yourself.

:blown: :blown: :blown:

TRIKKI

WHY DONT YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH CUNT BEOFRE I TAKE AN 18 GAUGE NEEDLE AND STICK YOU WITH SOME HGH. BITCH. YOU FEED OFF MY GREATNESS. BOW TO ME

Originally posted by monsterguido46

I mean I am exceptioanlly built so if you want to see me I will be at the Key Club on the 26th unfortuantely. Look for the 6'5 260lbs Guido Master!!!

God you are pathetic.Ya may have seen my post in the halloween costume thread on the jersey board.So ya have any drakkar and Cavariccis to lend me.I wanna be a guido to:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

God you are pathetic.Ya may have seen my post in the halloween costume thread on the jersey board.So ya have any drakkar and Cavariccis to lend me.I wanna be a guido to:laugh: :laugh: [/QUOT

Yeah, What Tunnel Bandit said!

Archived