Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turks come ot their senses.

dnice35

ANKARA, Turkey — Turkey's Cabinet agreed Monday to host tens of thousands of U.S. combat troops for a possible Iraq war, a crucial step in realizing an American strategy that calls for a two-front attack that would surround and divide the forces of Saddam Hussein.

Foreign Minister Yasar Yakis said Turkish and U.S. official are still negotiating the agreement and that a vote by parliament -- which could come as early as Tuesday -- could be delayed until the terms are finalized.

Washington has been pressing Turkey to approve the deployment. U.S. ships are waiting off the coast of Turkey to unload supplies for the 4th Infantry Division, which would lead an armored thrust from Turkey into northern Iraq if there is a war.

There was no immediate information on how many troops the Cabinet had agreed to allow into the country. Officials said that issue was being negotiated.

Turkey's public is overwhelmingly against a war and there has been strong opposition among legislators to allowing U.S. troops to use their territory to launch an attack.

However, the deputy chairman of the Justice and Development Party, which has a large majority in parliament, said he expected parliamentary approval.

"There will not be a problem," legislator Reha Denemec told The Associated Press. "The government approves it."

In Washington, White House spokesman Ari Fleischer welcomed the Cabinet's move.

"We're pleased by the actions taken by the government of Turkey to date," he said. "There are still some t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted."

A Western diplomat said talks between the two sides on the details of the agreement were expected to continue until late Monday and possibly early Tuesday.

"Negotiations (with the United States) to reach an agreement on the military, political and economic issues have reached an important stage," Deputy Prime Minister Abdullatif Sener said. "However, they are still continuing. But to have kept the process any longer would not have been very healthy, therefore it was decided to send the authorization to parliament today."

Sener said that many ministers had reservations, but "in the end, the ministers unanimously endorsed to send it to parliament."

The Cabinet motion calls on parliament to allow the deployment of U.S. troops and authorize Turkish soldiers to enter Iraq.

The negotiating deadlock was broken late last week, when Washington offered Turkey $5 billion in aid and $10 billion in loans to cushion the Turkish economy from the effects of war, diplomats said.

Washington wants to use Turkey to open a northern front in a war in Iraq, a strategy that would divide the Iraqi army between an armored attack in the north and a thrust from the Persian Gulf.

Tens of thousands of Turkish troops are expected to cross into northern Iraq if there is a war, a plan that is raising tensions with Iraqi Kurds who control an autonomous zone in the north of the country.

The Turkish military on Sunday and Monday increased its forces along the border, sending in more soldiers, artillery and armored personnel carriers.

Turkey fears that Iraq could fragment if there is a war, with Kurds declaring an independent state. That, Turks fears, could encourage Turkey's Kurdish minority.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, dnice, pick up a history book or go visit your local library...

the turks are not generally liked in the middle east. if iraq falls, their kurdish minority will demand independence, thus creating major problems for turkey and syria, who both have kurdish minorities living in their regions. why would turkey want the kurds to be independent,especially since over 37,000 people from both sides in the past 20 years have died over this issue? the only reason they're letting the US use their bases is for money and for support against a potential kurd uprising...:blown:

Originally posted by sassa

the only reason they're letting the US use their bases is for money and for support against a potential kurd uprising...:blown:

no fucking shit? really????? no way?

and I tought they were doing it because they wanted to be our friends really really bad...... once again you have stated the obvious....

again, dnice, pick up a history book or go visit your local library...

you are at a severe advantage being that you are in school and probably have a stack of political science books at your fingertips....plus you most likely take classes on these subjects and listen to men and women who "profess" from their ivory towers, yet will never amount to shit in the real world.....professors are such pussies....always thought so and always will.....unless you are at an ivy....they usually have already made their bones and are just laying back and spreading knowledge....

Originally posted by underwater

you are at a severe advantage being that you are in school and probably have a stack of political science books at your fingertips....plus you most likely take classes on these subjects and listen to men and women who "profess" from their ivory towers, yet will never amount to shit in the real world.....professors are such pussies....always thought so and always will.....unless you are at an ivy....they usually have already made their bones and are just laying back and spreading knowledge....

this is an assumption from your part, you don't know who i associate with and where i get my information from...

this is an assumption from your part, you don't know who i associate with and where i get my information from...

Clearly, your "information" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme leftist, anti-American bullshit

you are the most narrow minded individual on this board--(normalnoises does not count because he is just a misfit).....you present your one-sided bullshit, without the slightest appreciation and understanding for the other side---you call everyone else "ignorant", yet you define the word

You are a hypocritical, self delusional elitist who needs to pull her ass out your rotted ass...or at least put normalnoises back up your ass

Originally posted by igloo

Clearly, your "information" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme leftist, anti-American bullshit

you are the most narrow minded individual on this board--(normalnoises does not count because he is just a misfit).....you present your one-sided bullshit, without the slightest appreciation and understanding for the other side---you call everyone else "ignorant", yet you define the word

You are a hypocritical, self delusional elitist who needs to pull her ass out your rotted ass...or at least put normalnoises back up your ass

are you ever going to say anything different from the 2000 other posts you write shit about me and normal? don't you have anything else constructive or logical to say? is this how you debate....you are one sad individual. i think the only person filled with hate in here is you.

This is clear proof when morons like Igloo gets their asses whooped in a debate this is what they resort to. Mindless insults.

"Clearly, your "information" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme leftist, anti-American bullshit."

Clearly, your "misinformation" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme rightist, anti-American bullshit.

And it's the oil-rich "elitist" who want this war. Call me a misfit. I don't give a flying fuck. Better than being a closed-minded zionistic racist moron.

"You are a hypocritical, self delusional elitist who needs to pull her ass out your rotted ass...or at least put normalnoises back up your ass."

You are a hypocritical, self-indulging racist moron who needs to pull your ass out dnice's rotted ass... or at least put mrmatas and bigmas back up your ass.

And again, It's the oil-rich "elitist" who want this war you waste of sperm.

And please cut off your balls so there will be no off offsprings of the likes of you.

Originally posted by normalnoises

This is clear proof when morons like Igloo gets their asses whooped in a debate this is what they resort to. Mindless insults.

"Clearly, your "information" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme leftist, anti-American bullshit."

Clearly, your "misinformation" is not balanced in any shape or form, and you clearly are the product of a one-way broadcast of extreme rightist, anti-American bullshit.

And it's the oil-rich "elitist" who want this war. Call me a misfit. I don't give a flying fuck. Better than being a closed-minded zionistic racist moron.

"You are a hypocritical, self delusional elitist who needs to pull her ass out your rotted ass...or at least put normalnoises back up your ass."

You are a hypocritical, self-indulging racist moron who needs to pull your ass out dnice's rotted ass... or at least put mrmatas and bigmas back up your ass.

And please cut off your balls so there will be no off offsprings of the likes of you.

thank God that i dont understand u...u shit on igloo cuz u say he rebuttals with insults....but hell, ur on the top of THAT LIST as well....guess u arent such a great debator, more like a MASTURBATOR....btw-- only oil-elitist want this war? check the polls and the growing allies we are getting...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

thank God that i dont understand u...u shit on igloo cuz u say he rebuttals with insults....but hell, ur on the top of THAT LIST as well....guess u arent such a great debator, more like a MASTURBATOR....btw-- only oil-elitist want this war? check the polls and the growing allies we are getting...

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by normalnoises

Your views (and Sassa's) are offensive and insulting...far worse, than when I provide out an accurate description of you and Sassa

You do not debate..you offer repulsive, anti-American venom....not honest dissent or patriotism....nothing but hate America views and statements....which is more offensive and insulting than calling you a misfit.....but you are too dumb and narrow minded to understand that

So fuck off freak......and leave the country....

You do not deserve anything this country and government provides for you...

BTW simpleton--your use of the word racism at every turn speaks volumes to your intellect level, your understanding of real issues, and dishonors those who truly fight racism

Leave the country shithead

Originally posted by igloo

Your views (and Sassa's) are offensive and insulting...far worse, than when I provide out an accurate description of you and Sassa

You do not debate..you offer repulsive, anti-American venom....not honest dissent or patriotism....nothing but hate America views and statements....which is more offensive and insulting than calling you a misfit.....but you are too dumb and narrow minded to understand that

So fuck off freak......and leave the country....

You do not deserve anything this country and government provides for you...

BTW simpleton--your use of the word racism at every turn speaks volumes to your intellect level, your understanding of real issues, and dishonors those who truly fight racism

Leave the country shithead

yet another intelligent post that deserves the respect of the board....by the board joke, igloo...

Originally posted by dnice35

Actually I think his post carry alot more weight than your senseless ramblings.....

look who's talking....as if you make any sense. you are a racist. you are narrow minded. you call for the destruction of people just because they aren't like you and don't live in the same area as you. you are a bigot. you have no idea what is really going on. i would love to see you enter this war if you really want it to happen. enlist and fight. but i am 100% you won't...you didn't give a reason before, but i am sure it's because you're nothing but a big fat pussy who probably couldn't even fight me head on if you had to.

mind your own fucking business, please.

look who's talking....as if you make any sense. you are a racist. you are narrow minded. you call for the destruction of people just because they aren't like you and don't live in the same area as you. you are a bigot. you have no idea what is really going on. i would love to see you enter this war if you really want it to happen. enlist and fight. but i am 100% you won't...you didn't give a reason before, but i am sure it's because you're nothing but a big fat pussy who probably couldn't even fight me head on if you had to.

mind your own fucking business, please.

I would never fight you, you might tie a grenade around your waste and run into my families house to get revenge... God knows what people like yourself are capable off......:shake: