Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Space ???

nexusgroove

Actually, I watched the news and they interviewed several nightclubs and fire marshalls in Miami/SoBe. Ironically, they are in and out of most of the clubs (at their busiest times) every weekend, to make sure they are within the codes of capacity and proper exits.

It's only been brought to the spotlight due to the horrible tragedy in R.I. But they've always been there...

Lola:D

I'm all for it, they used to have them way back when in the hey-day of the beach and...believe it or not, they were very severe...closed down a couple of parties at their peek (sometimes for no apparent reason) but due to the seriousness of recent events, nothing they can do is enough to ensure everyone's safety.

Fire Marshals Rock!!!

:rock:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Actually, I watched the news and they interviewed several nightclubs and fire marshalls in Miami/SoBe. Ironically, they are in and out of most of the clubs (at their busiest times) every weekend, to make sure they are within the codes of capacity and proper exits.

It's only been brought to the spotlight due to the horrible tragedy in R.I. But they've always been there...

Lola:D

I am aware of that fact 100%, I even seen them hang out longer then what they have too, even back in the day of the Mix After Hour.. My concern was SPace this past weekend, Someone told me that they shut down the doors because a firemarshal called a red flag. thankz for the replies....

groovemiami_banner_2_2003.GIF

Fire inspectors descended on nightclubs across the nation over the weekend after two nightclub tragedies in the span of a week killed 118 people, some caught in a stampede and others burned to death in a fire.

In Chicago, where 21 people were trampled to death at the E2 nightclub Feb. 17, inspectors evacuated the second floor of a club early yesterday (Feb. 23) after finding overcrowding, blocked exits and other problems. A rock band competition planned for Salem, Ore., was canceled after an inspection there revealed the venue didn't meet fire and building codes.

And other cities, including Dallas and Kansas City, Mo., put more inspectors on duty and kept them out until the early hours Saturday and Sunday, when clubs are most crowded.

The flurry of inspections closely followed the deaths late Thursday of 97 people following a fire in a West Warwick, R.I., nightclub, where rock band Great White's pyrotechnics ignited the ceiling tiles and quickly engulfed the nightclub and its trapped patrons in flames.

Fire officials across the country said that they were finding clubgoers almost everywhere were more aware of their surroundings than usual -- and more willing to report problems. "We've seen a sharp increase in the number of reported overcrowdings," even though most didn't prove to be problems, said Brian Humphrey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.

More people than usual also called Chicago authorities to complain about clubs there, said Chief Kevin MacGregor, a department spokesman.

It was a complaint that led police to the Windy City's Rive Gauche nightclub early Sunday. "We found a number of life safety issues that required closing down the second floor of this club," he said. "We will be writing up violations on the building, and they've got to comply before we let them reopen."

Kansas City's fire department, which typically conducts inspections during the week, sent four teams of investigators to 54 establishments on Friday night and Saturday morning. In Dallas, the city fire department, which now has two full-time nightclub inspectors, pledged to temporarily add a second two-member team to search for safety violations.

Philadelphia Mayor John F. Street announced Sunday that the city's approximately 200 nightclubs would face emergency inspections in the next 60 days. Massachusetts' governor on Friday ordered similar inspections statewide.

In Miami Beach, which has more than 60 clubs, Fire Marshal Ed Del Favro said the city continued an already busy inspection schedule. Fire marshals are in the clubs during peak hours every Friday and Saturday night and make about 3,000 inspections a year, he said.

On Saturday, one Miami Beach club, Ibiza, was cited for having about 230 patrons -- well above its legal limit of 142. Fire marshals ushered patrons outside until the level was back to the limit. "The club owners welcome us coming into the club," Del Favro said. "If their clubs are safe, it's positive for their industry."

Originally posted by nexusgroove

Someone told me that Space had to close there doors this past saturday due to fire safety reasons? Is it true... after what happen up North I hope the fire department not going to crazy shutting clubs down.....

Thankz

Nexus

Actually, we shut down for a good 2 hours right after midnite, for a quick safety inspection, but re-opened @ 2:15am & the party continuted... :)