Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's wrong with clubbers???

O2lounge

good point but not the point i was making. my comment was that its not for the club owners to rate their guests. they should be creative and make a feeling for the guest. please dont tell me about long hours and thankless people. my comment about instant gratification was i can easily gage if it was a good promotion, good dj, etc etc. the crowd and the board will let you know right away. do i like money? of coarse but i didnt get in this for the money and seeing an expression on someones face or hearing how people enjoyed themselves is just as much a part of it as the money. the best thing in the world is to make money doing what you love. having dark circles under my eyes is not just for the money. if money was the only motivation then posting events on this board wouldnt be where i would be waisting my time. house heads do not make up a big bottle crowd and if you have come to tantra then you would know that yes i love spenders but i also love the energy and crowd that is into house music. i just cant see how someone in the hospitality profession could ever be upset that someone is giving them honest feedback about their place. they should welcome it and apply it. i always thank some one for giving me negative feedback because it lets me know what to do better next time, not to mention when you turn one of those arounds they become some of your best promoters.

Originally posted by dgrutman

good point but not the point i was making. my comment was that its not for the club owners to rate their guests. they should be creative and make a feeling for the guest. please dont tell me about long hours and thankless people. my comment about instant gratification was i can easily gage if it was a good promotion, good dj, etc etc. the crowd and the board will let you know right away. do i like money? of coarse but i didnt get in this for the money and seeing an expression on someones face or hearing how people enjoyed themselves is just as much a part of it as the money. the best thing in the world is to make money doing what you love. having dark circles under my eyes is not just for the money. if money was the only motivation then posting events on this board wouldnt be where i would be waisting my time. house heads do not make up a big bottle crowd and if you have come to tantra then you would know that yes i love spenders but i also love the energy and crowd that is into house music. i just cant see how someone in the hospitality profession could ever be upset that someone is giving them honest feedback about their place. they should welcome it and apply it. i always thank some one for giving me negative feedback because it lets me know what to do better next time, not to mention when you turn one of those arounds they become some of your best promoters.

I would tend to disagree with some of your points.. arbitrarily selecting who enters your establishment, imposing dress codes, etc are means of rating your guest. the fact that a club owner, etc should be creative and make the guest feel comfortable. is really a prerequisite for the hospitality industry in general. as I’m sure you would agree. I’ve managed a restaurant and hotel front desk, promoted for concerts and clubs. so yeah I can tell you about the long hours and thankless people.;) but that comes with the territory, so I rarely dwelled on it at the time. money motivates, and is a means to economic survival; that’s a given. getting paid to do, what you love is a blessing.. if you’re in that state, consider yourself more fortunate then most people. :) I have rarely seen someone get upset with honest feedback. however I have seen people get upset with feedback; which is unconstructive, belittling, and amounts to nothing more then pointless ranting. meant to perhaps further ones personal agenda. I'm sure you can recognize the differences of the same.;)

dont pay attention to them Camila...they love hitting peopel when they are down...continue with the way u post and promote...and keep bringing in talent to ur lounge and the people will come...to me Oxygen lounge is a good alternative on Fridays...and its always on the top of my list on Fridays...u and Oxygenlounge have always been kind to me and ur staff is very friendly...for ur birthday they should throw u a party at oxygenlounge with free caiparinhas (sp?) for the u and the NICE CP people....:idea:

:rolleyes: This thread is going and going and going damn!!

Alright I give props to CAMILA for opening up this thread and throwing all her emotions out there wether we accepted them or not that's fine that is what the board is for peeps!!! anyways I go to O2 often, whether is be Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, only gone once on a Saturday because I'm working at RAIN but the nonetheless its a super chill place, always a good balance crowd, always as many girls as guys, they door guy might seem like a jerk to some but he's cool and does a good job of catering a right crowd, NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT O2 Lounge, as far as drink prices they are high everywhere not much we can do about this.

:clap: Keep up the good work CAMILA! and the industry is not easy but it has its rewards and the more you work hard at its starts paying back ;)