Here is a list of cars that i'd look into:

93-98 Supra TT

last gen RX-7

2g Eclipse GSX

Older M3

last gen MR2

and of course... 86-89 Porsche 944 Turbo

:idea:

Well scratch the first two off the list. They are way too expensive in my area. Same goes for the GSX if you can even find one. M3, too big for me, I want a sardine can. The MR2 is one that I might consider, but being that I already have a shop that I know and trust that works on Hondas and Nissans, I think the 240 is the best way to go. I trusted them with my S and that says a lot.

As far as a daily driver, I think I am gonna get a junker, for under a grand or so, and build my 240 from scratch. Get a one with a good chassis, body panels and hopefully good interior with a blown engine. That way I can afford to be a little pickier, since it doesn't have to be running to get me to work and such. Guess it will be living at the shop for a while. *lol*

I am really looking forward to having it all come together, something a little more satisfying than buying it "out of the box". At least having had the S, I know what I want to achieve, such as suspension and handling. I know the 240 will have its limits, but I know what I want.

I have decided on trying to find a 97-98, still trying to find a body kit that doesn't look like a plow on the front end. Would like a carbon fiber hood, but since its gonna be painted a dark smoke gray, it will blend in, not stand out. JDM lights, black interior with a little bit of red. Maybe if the interior needs to be replaced, I will do black racing seats with red stitching. Gunmetal racing wheels....hmm.....I can't wait. *lol*

A sleeper. Till you hear the BOV. ;)

A lot of people don't realize the potential... but i'd seriously consider an 86-89 Porshce 944 Turbo. It's a little more upkeep than your average tuner and parts are bit more, but its a very well balanced car which is built for the track. Look for an 88 Turbo S or an 89(all Ss). 250hp, underestimated. Add chips($250), manual boost controller($50), test pipe($200), boost guage ($25) and you've an instant smile on your face to go along with 270-280rwhp. For about $1600 total you can have 300rwhp. Handles like nothing else, ask Joe. :tongue:

i think she's looking to SAVE money ;)

wrx = 24k

2.5RS = 12k + 3-4k turbokit and supporting mods.

or get a 97-98 240sx with a blown engine for cheap - maybe 8k, get a Jspec clip for 3k and wha-la. direct bolt in, RWD and tons of aftermarket support.

Much as i love the subies, turbocharging the EJ25 is a delicate balance.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by cintron

i think she's looking to SAVE money ;)

wrx = 24k

2.5RS = 12k + 3-4k turbokit and supporting mods.

or get a 97-98 240sx with a blown engine for cheap - maybe 8k, get a Jspec clip for 3k and wha-la. direct bolt in, RWD and tons of aftermarket support.

Much as i love the subies, turbocharging the EJ25 is a delicate balance.

You are so right. No more hondas for me for a while. And yes, I want to save money. I don't want a car payment so I can get my bike, remember? As far as the blown S15, I have seen ones intact and running for 8K, so a blown one will be MUCH cheaper. I am thinking $1500-3K, but the clip is about right. For about 10 grand I will be kicking some serious ass.......

Gotta love it. ;)

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

You are so right. No more hondas for me for a while. And yes, I want to save money. I don't want a car payment so I can get my bike, remember? As far as the blown S15, I have seen ones intact and running for 8K, so a blown one will be MUCH cheaper. I am thinking $1500-3K, but the clip is about right. For about 10 grand I will be kicking some serious ass.......

Gotta love it. ;)

i would get a 95-97 impreza l for about 4000, and get the whole wrx drivetran for another 4000. put them together and have a pretty reliable car that is quite fast.. if the swap was donw right.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by atomicapples

i would get a 95-97 impreza l for about 4000, and get the whole wrx drivetran for another 4000. put them together and have a pretty reliable car that is quite fast.. if the swap was donw right.

Ok apples, you can quit now.....youre not gonna sell me on the subarus. I just don't like the lines no matter how fast they can be. *lol*

Originally posted by atomicapples

attachment.php?s=&postid=1352468

good luck trying to get one.

that is a s15. non in the states...

cwest kit with cf wing.

just to let you know that gt spec cf wing is 5700. i seen the cheapest was 3000.

ediit... after a double take on the kit. i dunno what it is.... but the wing looks like a cwest wing. fucking japs... make everything soo hard....