Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 54 @Level tonight

vanessa23

In December 1979 Studio 54 Closed its Door Forever...

In Honor of the Birthday's of Level Partners Gerry Kelly and Rick Lazes

they will reopenJune 1st 2000

100 perfomers, parade floats, opera singers, and a over-the-top crowd

this will be the biggest party miami has ever seen

Doors Open at 10pm Complimentary Bar Until MidnightLevel Nightclub

1235 Washington AvenueMiami Beach, FL 33139

------------------

Nah.. i'm not a promoter... just a club kid. I'm forever getting these emails from Level and Crobar.. i just thought that maybe you guys would be intersted. I get a lot of VIP party info. I'll post it whenever they send me stuff.

------------------

I got ya!

So how long have you been clubbin for? How did you like the music conference back in March?

I think it's getting a bit out of control. Most of the clubs were way out of hand with their covers and door policy. They've got a huge article about it in Mixer mag. You guys should read it. Very interesting.

Some djs were denied entry to some clubs. Living Room and Crobar were noted as the worst for letting people in. I saw another article in this months Muzik mag from UK and it also mentions how bad the clubs treated WMC delegates. They want to ban it next year.

Jeez! I can talk!

------------------

i unfortunately didnt get to attend the acutal WMC (Ultra)... I knew that the beach would be crazy, so i didnt even bother going down there. I agree, prices were too high, and entrance was unreal. A few friends of mine went, and had an awesome time at Ultra, but.. the after parties... you were crazy if you didnt get there early. The only thing that i attended was Danny Tenaglia at Space, which was awesome. He totally blew me away.

------------------

I guess the best plan is to get a group of friends and reserve a table; that's what I did and it was well worth it! You always have a place to sit and chill when needed, you save money (probably) when you split bottles among several people, and you don't have to wait forever in line. This strategy at least worked well for Groove Jet which I did 3 nights in a row during the Conference. In my opinion, Ultra (the beach event) wasn't that great, except for Roni Size's brief performance. Rabbit, I thought, was overdramatic!

------------------

Ultra sucked. Disorganized isn't even the word to describe.

They need to take notes on how a real festival is supposed to be. ie Homelands and Creamfields.

No one had a clue who was spinning and at what time and which tent. It was chaos!

------------------

Yeah; in the latest URB mag, they summed up WMC 2000 by calling Miami a "shady" venue... but what can be done? Guess there has to be a door policy of some kind; maybe just needs some tweaking... I still had an awesome time though!

------------------

I was there last week and the party was great, some audio problems with one of the performers but at the end everything went on ok. I wish they would be more originals for the parties. Don’t take me wrong Studio 54 was a great venue but, it is time to move on and create astonishing and original parties.

------------------

Archived