Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the world as we know it...

SEOUL, South Korea (March 2) - North Korea warned Sunday of "nuclear disasters'' around the world if Washington attacks the communist state, while its civilian leaders urged greater cooperation between Pyongyang and Seoul to ease the crisis on the Korean Peninsula.

The North's official Rodong Sinmun newspaper accused the Central Intelligence Agency of preparing a surprise attack on the nation's nuclear facilities that are suspected of being used to make atomic bombs.

"If the U.S. imperialists ignite a war on the Korean Peninsula, the war will turn into a nuclear war,'' Rodong said. "As a consequence, the Koreans in the north and south and the people in Asia and the rest of the world will suffer horrifying nuclear disasters.''

The report, carried by the North's state-run KCNA news agency, claimed that Washington put its forces around the peninsula on "semi-war footing'' and "is pushing ahead with nuclear war preparations in full swing.''

Pyongyang accuses Washington of inciting the nuclear standoff as a pretext for an invasion. Washington has repeatedly said it has no plans to attack North Korea, but stresses that "all options are on the table.''

In Seoul on Sunday, North Korea's religious and civic leaders took part in inter-Korean religious masses and urged greater cooperation between the two Koreas.

"Preventing war through national cooperation is the most urgent task of the nation,'' said Ri Mun Hwan, a senior North Korean delegate. "If war breaks out, the South cannot be safe and the entire nation will face disaster.''

Another delegate, Oh Kyung Woo, said the "United States is threatening a nuclear war, but if war breaks out both South and North will incur damages,'' according to South Korea's national Yonhap news agency.

"Foreign forces will never give us reunification. We must cooperate with each other,'' Oh was quoted as saying.

The comments were made during religious masses at a cathedral, a church, a Buddhist temple and other religious locations, which were attended by thousands of South Koreans.

The ceremonies were a part of an inter-Korean festival to mark the anniversary of a major independence uprising against Japanese colonial rule on March 1, 1919.

Pyongyang sent 105 delegates to Seoul on Saturday for the three-day festival. Both Koreas mark the uprising as a major holiday. Japan ruled the peninsula from 1910 to 1945.

Rodong, monitored by South Korea's national Yonhap news agency, reiterated that the North's nuclear activities were "strictly for peaceful purposes and poses no threat to anyone.''

"Crushing the U.S. plot to attack North Korea is a very important issue related to peace and safety of Asia and the world, the existence and future of mankind,'' Rodong said.

Raising tensions last week, North Korea test-fired a missile into the sea off its east coast. Pyongyang also reactivated a 5-megawatt reactor that could produce plutonium for nuclear weapons, U.S. and South Korean officials said.

On Saturday, North Korea said nuclear war could break out on the peninsula at "any moment,'' after South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun warned of a "calamity'' unless the standoff is resolved peacefully and quickly.

The dispute flared in October when Washington said North Korea had admitted pursuing a nuclear program, which violated a 1994 pact.

Washington and its allies cut off oil shipments to the impoverished communist state. The North responded by saying it would reactivate its frozen facilities. It also expelled U.N. monitors and withdrew from the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

03/02/03 18:56 EST

isnt funny how we as a civilization (oxymoron of course because as of late there is nothing civil about the way we are behaving) have come so far, yet havent really gone anywhere... we've created things the from the earth, weve built buildings up to the sky, we've built, trains, planes, automobiles, created computers/internet, built educational systems etc... however the one thing we couldnt do is get along and or overcome our differences... lol... we are essentially going to wipe out this entire planet, and our future fathers/mothers and or aliens will look back at remnants and or time capsules and what have you.. and laugh, but more importantly learn from our mistakes...

Yet another interesting article,

It is as if we are all jumping on eggshells with lead boots on, Right now it seems as if its getting closer and closer to a draw where as he who flinches first is going to instigate a domino effect of choas...

So ya, I think I just may run up a bit of debt, buy now, hell with later...Im having fun...

Originally posted by underwater

eccentric -

what does your signature mean? i can't figure it out....

Finally someone has the guts to ask instead of just writing me off as a lunatic...lol.

It's one of those simplistic yet deep personal reminders.

To make a long story short, maybe a total of 4 or 5 different times, over the past year I've notice this one legged bird.

At first what brought my attention was the gimp bird and like twenty others fighting over piece of bread or something foodlike, well I thought, damn I feel kinda sorry for the dude, hopping around and even with the handicap still was getting picked on by the other birds..

(quick cliff note about me while telling this story, I am straight....and like chicas...lol..dont want the pretty birdy talk to scare anyone..)

Well, didnt take much mind to the bird, just another thing out of the blue to notice, but seeing it a bunch of times after the fact, of course in every element from the rain to snow etc, just sort of reminded me that anything is possible no matter how screwed you may think you are, the outcome is never that predictable..

Ok, Im going off on a rant here but you get the jist of it...