Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deeper Substance last Saturday

demids

a 6.30 am finish with the venue staying open for us an extra 90 minutes. It's a venue like this which has been my goal to find since the move from Spirit in an attempt to re-capture the underground house scene which is still prelevant in London if you look hard enough and that same message which I want to spread all over the workd, especially Miami

The night totally whacked me out but all the effort and exhaustion is worth every single minute when the night is on and in full swing as it was on Saturday.

The only reason we cut it short even at the end was because I had to be at my cousin's house only an hour later to play paintball later that day. I think I might now try and test how how late we can keep the party going. Could prove interesting.

The night was again a resounding success and as month after month passes, I begin to learn more about the crowds and times people turn up. There wasn't the stampede we had in the first month thankfully and though numbers were thin to start with this in fact helped with people feeling a lot more comfortable sitting down enjoying their drinks.

Thankfully come about 12.30 the main room was very busy which was great for Pole Folder who was a gent for accepting my invitation to make his first UK gig at DS.

As for Paolo you know this guy continues to astound me each time he is simply awesome both in his mixing but more importantly the trakcs he seems to just pick out each time simply phenomenal and no reason he has played here 4 times now for me.

During his set I was approached by this German fella who said he was a saxophonist. At first I was a bit dubious about this and said I couldn't help him out and offer him to play as I honestly didn't think it was right for this particular night. But after persuasion from the owner who has in fact asked him to play before on other nights there, I caved in and said he could come on at 3am when I was to follow on from Paolo

MY GOD HOW WRONG WAS I? He was simply sensational and from a party already kicking off, it brought it up to a new notch the atmosphere was simply electric with this guy who just simply hooked up his #$%! whilst we were playing and added another dimension to some awesome tunage being played.

The b2b sessions with me and Paolo then with me and Alex when Paolo left at 5am was just brilliant as well and what was especially pleasing was a new wave of people entering the venue at about 3-4am which I had noticed last month. Obviously the lure of alcohol served all night helps too as people look for a place to go afterhours.

All in all a simply awesome night and there is so much more to come.

Pics are being uploaded as we speak so keep checking during the week I aim to have them up withing a couple of days there are so many pics.

www.deepersubstance.com

:eek:

only 2 weeks to go

;)