Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holllllaaaaa!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you cant be all out racist in todays society, i guess hating on anything ghetto will just have to do (unless of course its something real Trendy (50 cent) or legendary (run dmc)

not that i go around saying papi and mami and holla all the time, but i find it fun to emulate my rap idols

quit being a fucking language nazi and join reality

question - does your threat apply only to white people?

I don't think they(music industry) call it rap anymore... I believe most would like it referred to as "hip-hop". I could be wrong.

let's not mince words, do you say it "quite often" or not "all the time" ?

question - why are making this a race issue?

Qwest.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

well if you cant be all out racist in todays society, i guess hating on anything ghetto will just have to do (unless of course its something real Trendy (50 cent) or legendary (run dmc)

not that i go around saying papi and mami and holla all the time, but i find it fun to emulate my rap idols

quit being a fucking language nazi and join reality

question - does your threat apply only to white people?

i think its more a matter of hating a ghetto phrase that gets picked up by mtv and white suburban kids like me and then having it overused all the time....

like "thats gangsta"...

apparently, according to mtv... its now appropriate to say "thats gangsta" in refference to anything really cool...

ie. you see a ferarri... "damn... that car is gangsta..."

if you say "I keep my safety off because i gotta be ready for whateva" then i'd say thats gangsta...

or 2 guys end up in a fight, and they just settle it with fists and no one pulls a gun... "thats gangsta"...

but wow, your jersey matches your shoes... "thats gangsta" Just sounds a little to played to me..

oh, hangon... i got a phonecall... my shit's blowin up...

Originally posted by djqwest

I don't think they(music industry) call it rap anymore... I believe most would like it referred to as "hip-hop". I could be wrong.

let's not mince words, do you say it "quite often" or not "all the time" ?

question - why are making this a race issue?

Qwest.

Because it is a race issue.

It's an "Ebonic" word, and i see a growing trend on this forum of people "hating" many ebonic words. Do they actually hate the words - or the people that say them?

Yes some people speak a way that can sound different to you, maybe even annoying, but you didn't grow up with who they grew up with, nor where they did.

Essentially its like saying

I hate when chinese people talk all chinese and shit, its annoying

And there is no mincing going on, I say "holla" every day, but not every sentence.

Holla

Originally posted by joeg

i think its more a matter of hating a ghetto phrase that gets picked up by mtv and white suburban kids like me and then having it overused all the time....

You should judge the person, not the way they speak.

Hating preppy kids that say holla - OK

hating people that say Holla - not OK

they are also cliche words, they come in and get "hot" and everyone starts using them....no one said "holla" a couple years ago, and no one will be saying it a few years from now, i just specifically hate the OVERUSE of these words...i cant ride the train without hearing them 14 times...hardly an "original language" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

i see a growing trend on this forum of people "hating" many ebonic words. Do they actually hate the words - or the people that say them?

Originally posted by reddog4063

they are also cliche words, they come in and get "hot" and everyone starts using them....no one said "holla" a couple years ago, and no one will be saying it a few years from now, i just specifically hate the OVERUSE of these words...i cant ride the train without hearing them 14 times...hardly an "original language" :rolleyes:

do you mean YOU never heard anyone say this until a couple years ago?

I'm not claiming to be from the 'street" but i have friends that sell crack and shit, so to say these "cliche" words is commonplace for me. That's why i take offense

but once again i can understand you not liking someone for saying it 10 times in a row, but i think u should judge that person a moron, rather than say you hate it when people say that

Im being kind of picky, but you do understand where im coming from?