Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BAD NIGHT @ SPACE

gonzalez01

I went to Space this Friday like I do every Friday. However, this Friday sucked. My group was 4 girls and 3 guys. I got there about 1030 and we were on the list. When we got there the assholes doing the door only let the girls in and didn't let the guys in. We waited for 1 & 1\2. hour. The door guys(David and some other guy) only let girls in. After so long of waiting he told us that we had to pay him to get in. The two door guys would get together and compare how one already made $300 and the other $400 and how they were going to charge more. I ended up paying that faget $100 just to let us in and then pay the cover. I remember when Space had different door people like Carlos that were friendly and not fucking crooks. The place never got packed yesterday and on top of all that they raised the price of the water bottles to $6.00. I am seriously going to think about going back, even though I use to be a hugh Space goer.

What happened to you really sucks. I have gone there many times and have never encountered anything like that. I know a couple of the guys at the door, can you describe what they were wearing and what they looked like?

Another thing is you need to call management and discuss the situation (calmly). This way you will get to know the management's names and you can use that to your advantage.

Good Luck.

Yeah; the doormen situation in general for clubs is a touchy issue. Unfortunately I think it's an investment; if it's a club you go to often, and you don't know the gatekeepers, you do have to start paying them off if you want to avoid waiting. It sucks and I wish there was a way around it; but these clubs have power in that they get enough people to go and make $ off of, so they can fuck with and refuse entry to people they don't like or don't know.

Yeah man that shit happened to me to I got in but that same crook tried to force my friends to pay him to get in that such bullshit. I like the old guys too these new guys are fucking pricks. I'm gonna start looking elsewhere if they keep treating their regulars like that.

------------------

He channels the cosmos through the tables do not worship the shaman, but revere his music.

Thanks for all the advice. I have emailed Space to let them know of the situation. I plan to call them later and ask to speak to the managemnet to let them know. By the way, Attomic, the guy that I am talking about was wearing a yellow blazer and had sideburns. I found out later that he's name is Danny. Hopefully, Space management will fix the problem on the spot. It's Shadow lounge for me on Friday's till then. Thanks again for your help.

Damn I hate hearing this kind of shit. Kills the whole vibe.

Welp Shadow has had a very strong lineup on Fridays lately and the staff is usually always cool. George A. is probably going to be playing less and less there as he tries to make his name more internationally known. This I see as a great thing for Shadow and George as well. Both entities need to expand thier horizons apart from each other. New blood for Shadow and further success for G.A.

Please post on what management at SPACE has to say about what happened. Thanks.

yeah, this shit used to go on at Sound Factory in NY a while ago, the bouncers were running the place. They would practically strip search to steal drugs too.

- when the owner found out he was really pissed!!! Who the F*ck are these guys to take our $$ like that! If you look good, and aren't acting like a fool or anything they shouldn't give you a hard time getting in - in a perfect world

Seriously though let's all try to stop this!!!

peace

Archived