Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza

vanessa23

I'm planning on traveling over sometime early next year.... I want to start planning now... If you have any info that would be helpful to my trip, please let me know... Places to stay, see, things to do. Thanks

If you look back through the previous pages or do a search on the NY board for Ibiza or back2basics you should find quiet a few thread's which have the info you need.

If there is a few of you going try to book a Villa they work out cheaper.

try this site for Villa's. <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.festivetravel.com/intro1.htm" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.festivetravel.com/intro1.htm</A>

Try to go in September, the closing parties are then and they do tend to be better.

Try to stay away from staying in San Antonio town. Ibiza is like the Cancum of England. Loads of 16 year old getting really drunk.

The main clubs to see are :-Es-Paradise

Giant glass pyramid, totally white inside but for the tree's. Marble everywhere. As the night goes on they fill the main dance floor / swimming pool with water, and open up the roof to let the outside in. You will get more drunken English kids here so pick a good night. Drink prices aren't bad.

Pacha

Glam, Glam, Glam very popular with the locals. But no Camera's (or glow sticks!!) allowed. Very expensive drinks.

El-Devinio

Just beautiful, very glam as well. Nice outside terrace. Expensive drinks.

Amnesia

Hate the layout, but Cream have it again so guaranteed a great night. Gimmick, a liquid ice machine that fills the club in about a second. A very nice garden terrace. Cannot remember what the drinks cost!!

Space

12 hour madness, innerspace is a huge dark room. Outerspace is a covered terrace, it's right on the flight path to the airport so when the planes come into land (400 foot above your head), everybody cheers them in.

Eden

A bit dark and dreary, they one of the dance floors but it only reaches your ankles. Not a big fan but usually a cheap night out.

Privilege

The highlight of every week is Manumission. They really know how to put on a party. This place is massive. As well as hundreds of entertainers you get, a DJ and bar in the main toilets, Restaurants, shops. You cannot see all this club in one night (if you do you wont be enjoying yourself). Tip as you walk in get across the opposite side of the club, down near the front near the DJ platform (on the right hand side of the club), this is where the real people go and you get to keep away from the idiots. Drinks are expensive.

Some more info from the old posts.

It really does depend what you are looking for. San Antonio is the busy part but it's mainly 16-18 year olds getting really drunk. Most people spend their days at Mambo,Cafe Del Mar and Savanna which are all beach bars and are on a private beach in San Antonio.

The north of the Island is classier, somewhere like Ibiza town is very nice but more expensive. If you have plenty of money go to the north. We usually get a Villa so I am not up on the hotels, your not going to be in it for very long so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Somebody we met last year stayed at El Corsario which is near old Ibiza town it's way away from most of the clubs but also away from the drunken kids, they said it was a nice hotel.

For cheapness stay in San Antonio Bay (which is just away from the town). Many people I know choose this route because your really near Mambo etc, your near Es Paradise and it's a short taxi ride away from most of the big clubs except Pacha (which is in Ibiza town).

Nights

Clockwork Orange - Es Paradise

generally the best night at Es Paradise you get a good clubby crowd. Look out for my mate Jeremy Healy, he rocked it last year.

Cream - Amnesia

Thurasday night, forget Gatecrasher this is the best club in the UK. Even better if you can catch the Bugged Out night (there are only doing one off's this year).

Ministry - pacha

Friday, big names spin house and Garage.

Gatecrasher - Pacha

Thursday i think.

Home - Space

Sunday, massive line ups all the time.

Manumission - Privilege

Monday, miss it and you havent been to Ibiza.

Anyway hope that helps.

If you want anymore info email me on

davids909@hotmail.com

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-10-2000).]

Hey, any recommendations for the closing parties this year? A friend and I are thinking about heading over there mid-September. I don't feel like dropping too much $ for every party in town, and watching drunk punks ruin any vibe.

arrakis,

you should be ok in September most of the drunks have gone home.

I would recommend Manumission, Clockwork Orange, Cream (Bugged out as well). The Renaissance parties @ Privilege look good this year. And the MOS parties at Pacha are always worth a look. All of these nights will be a much more knowledgeable crowd as with all the closing parties. Also we always used to start the night down @ mambo, cafe del mar or Savanna (if you ask a taxi driver he will take you there the first time as they are hard to find if you don't know where they are). They have a famous sunset down there and the DJ's sync the music to the sunset. You can buy all your tickets down there and if you want substances that's the safest place to get them.

One thing worth bearing in mind is that some guy in Barcelona has bought the names of most of the major clubs so Clockwork orange are not allowed to be called Clockwork Orange this year. So watch out for people copying the names.

Also by hanging out down @ Mambo you may get told about some of the free parties. Paul Oakenfold runs free Perfecto parties in the hills, there hard to find but well worth a look.

------------------

top.gif

Thanks for the info guys.... Helped out a lot... so i take it the only time to go to IBiza is in the summer... I'm planning on going w/ 3 other girls. and our birthday's land somewhere in the begining of the year... is it a bad idea to go that early in the year... somewhere around april.. let meknow what you think.

No not going this year, but i am organising a trip across for the closing parties next year with some of the people from the NY board.

But a have been for that last 7 years so it's not that bad. Actually one of the reasons i arn't going this year is so i can go to the WMC down your neck of the woods.

Yeh it's ok just been here 7 months so just finding my around. Crobar is pretty good although i am more into the soulfull house and it's mainly trance in there but still find my way up there from time to time.

Have i herd of Guidance!!!! Actually just found out about them by chance, but they are fantastic. It's just my kind of thing they have some great tallent on the label. I have been buying up there back catalogue for a while now.

Actually you maybe able to help me. It's my first time at the WMC and we are just trying to book a Villa for the week. The place we are looking at is on North Miami beach is this going to be close enough to everything?

------------------

top.gif

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-11-2000).]

I strongly suggest getting something in South beach. There are plenty of condos/apartments for rent during that week. N Miami beach just seems out of the way. It's actually where I grew up and hated those dreadfull drives back home all cracked out. Even when I lived down there I would still rent on the beach. Convenience my friend... I'll see if I can gather up a list for potential spots to stay at.

easy

Yeah; I agree that staying in SoBe is A LOT more convenient, unless there is a real reason you need to stay in North Beach. As you know, ALL of the action will be in the south. By the way, B2B, are you familiar with A:xus's "Sountrack for Life" (on Guidance Records)? If so, what do you think of it? I think it's a nice album; for those chill-out, good mood times. Anything else you recommend on Guidance?

Nolimit,

would appreciate a some info on places to rent out. We want something with a pool and that's at least 2 beds as we want to throw some after parties so the further out of the way the better.

arrakis,

I do know A:xus's Soundtrack for Life it's great. Allot of the stuff on Guidance is quiet mellow and very, very happy. A:xus is a pretty good DJ too. I have a sampler somewhere on C.D. of some of there best tracks of the last 3 years I will send you a copy if you want?

It's house/garage Vanessa. Deep an soulfull.

If all have MP3 capabilities i will put it on a server somewhere allong with some other stuff so you all can have a listen. So long as you promise to buy if you like!

------------------

top.gif

Guest genevieve

B2B, These guys are right. Stay in SoBe!!!! Believe me if your attending the actual conference; your not going to have time to travel more than a couple of blocks.The WMC is 5 min. north of the clubs; so somewhere in between would be best. By the time you get out from partying(till 7am?) sleep, get up at noon to catch some panels @ conference till 5or6pm, eat, get ready for your next night out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ETC, ETC, Your going to be glad to be close to everything. You might want to check local real estate agents for condo rentals or apt. etc. If you know, any hotel near all the clubs start @ $400-500 a night . Go north a couple of miles $200-300. Email me if you would like more info and the name of an agent etc. genevieve6@adelphia.net

[This message has been edited by genevieve (edited 07-13-2000).]

genevieve,

Thanks for the info I am going to look @ a site i have that spesialize in Villa's for somewhere nearer. If i draw a blank i may have to email you, if thats ok?

arrakis,

Ok Guidence.

Try:

A:xus feat. Naomi N'Sembi

You make me feel like.

(massive tune).

Abacus Feat. Bratticus

When i fall.

A:xus

callin U

Dubtribe sound system

What you feel in your heart.

NuSpirit Helsinki

Colors of my mind

Blueboy

Funcky Friday

(i love this song)

Fresh & low

wind on water

(deeeeeep, proper Chicago house)

Fresh & low

stay the night

Ursula Rucker

Circe

(just to calm thing down)

Brother of soul

I'll be right there

(wow, now this is music again Chicago stylee)

Glenn Underground

Fly With me

(try the UBQ vinyl soul mix)

I have most of these tunes here with me so i am Encoding them to MP3 now. If anybody has a FTP server i can upload them so you can download them etc.

------------------

top.gif

Archived