Clubplanet Nightlife Community

With all the forms of communication..

Originally posted by rdancer

Tightly Knit!

Yes but just how "tightly" knit is it really? We are speaking to each other thru machines.. so in a sense, although we are communicating, it's so much easy to be distanced.. I dunno it's some sort of weird paradox..

Hmm good question, ever read that book "The Death of Distance?" It discusses this exact notion....

I think with the internet and so many different forms of communicating, we are living in what's turning into a "global village"....where country borders and actual distance is beginning to be less and less important and considered...

But as distance is slowly disappearing, I also feel like our interpersonal relationships and face-toface interactions seem to be coming less and less real and more based upon technology

Originally posted by Mystify22

Hmm good question, ever read that book "The Death of Distance?" It discusses this exact notion....

I think with the internet and so many different forms of communicating, we are living in what's turning into a "global village"....where country borders and actual distance is beginning to be less and less important and considered...

But as distance is slowly disappearing, I also feel like our interpersonal relationships and face-toface interactions seem to be coming less and less real and more based upon technology

Nope, never read the book, is it any good? Insightful?

Cause this is something I've been thinking about for a while after a lengthy discussion in my 20th Century Drama II class about industrialization and the advancement of technology..

I had to read it for my one class The Communication Revolution

I thought it was extremely interesting....Actually that whole class was one of my favorites. I learned so much - The subject matter completely boggles my mind - There is so much we have yet to see, so many advancements and possibilities....I love thinking about the direction our society is going

Originally posted by Mystify22

:laugh: I know what you mean..... I'll get all into it, then suddenly get sketched out and be like okay we need to stop talking about this

For example.. this whole cloning deal.. NOT A FAN.

Humans need to stop trying to play God. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Codica3

For example.. this whole cloning deal.. NOT A FAN.

Humans need to stop trying to play God. :rolleyes:

I think cloning body parts and stuff, and organs is a good idea.. Im not sure about the whole 6th day act ! :laugh:

My sister recently had a baby, and they took her babies umbilical and some blood at the birth and they froze it cryogenically... Its actually really cool, and if the baby ever gets sick or has some disease ( knocks on wood ), then they can go back to the tissue and blood and perform tests on it and stuff... Of course we are years beyond that now!! But think about the possibilities!!! They are endless!!

So I say Yes! To cloning and whatever doors it opens! Just like with anything in life you need to weigh the positives and negatives!!!

:idea: