Etymology: frequentative of [1]snug

Date: 1687

intransitive senses

: to curl up comfortably or cozily

transitive senses

1 : to draw close especially for comfort or in affection

2 : to make snug

- snuggle noun

According to webster there is no difference.

Originally posted by nympho69

ok phatman so i am twisted, ur realizing this now?? haha

if being twisted means not having the desire or need to cuddle, well i guess i am...

...it's one thing to not want to cuddle...it's another to throw out the statements you made about those that do...much of it probably derives from something really depressing that you've experienced or are holding onto...eh...i could go on...but either way, you being twisted is not just based on this post alone, but it sure does verify it...

Originally posted by phatman

...it's one thing to not want to cuddle...it's another to throw out the statements you made about those that do...much of it probably derives from something really depressing that you've experienced or are holding onto...eh...i could go on...but either way, you being twisted is not just based on this post alone, but it sure does verify it...

my statements??

well i dont think cuddling creates what most people are actually wanting

but they sure think it does...

and those are the people with a bigger issue

not me...

...you better not hug your kids if you have them either because that might make them attached...and since one day you could get hit by a bus or fall off a cliff that would just crush them...so why even start having them have emotions for you when in the end it will only hurt them...

...affection is a part of being human...from the day we are born to the day we die..if you want to attach some perversion to it because you think it leads to a sense of false hope than so be it..but i completely disagree...if you're willing to extend it to that than you have to go further and put it on other things like holding hands, hugging, etc...you could even attach it to making love...or do yo not make love, just fuck?....

...oh and by the way....sometimes people do things just cause it feels good...they dont necessarily sit there and think about what it means...a hug can be just a hug...a kiss can be just a kiss...i would think you of all people can understand that mentality...

Originally posted by phatman

...you better not hug your kids if you have them either because that might make them attached...and since one day you could get hit by a bus or fall off a cliff that would just crush them...so why even start having them have emotions for you when in the end it will only hurt them...

...affection is a part of being human...from the day we are born to the day we die..if you want to attach some perversion to it because you think it leads to a sense of false hope than so be it..but i completely disagree...if you're willing to extend it to that than you have to go further and put it on other things like holding hands, hugging, etc...you could even attach it to making love...or do yo not make love, just fuck?....

...oh and by the way....sometimes people do things just cause it feels good...they dont necessarily sit there and think about what it means...a hug can be just a hug...a kiss can be just a kiss...i would think you of all people can understand that mentality...

ok now how did u get into the subject of kids???

and i do go further i really dont hug or hold hands much

and no i havent made love cause i havent been in love

well then excuse me cause i put thought into the things i do

ps why does it seem as though ur being very defensive

if im "wrong" then it shouldnt bother u as much...

actually u hit it right on target with bringing up kids

yes this love from a parent is real

and that affection and security is real

and it can be in a romantic relationship if the feelings are real

but most of the time they arent

and that is my point i dont hug, cuddle, or show these affections unless i am certain what i feel is real and that takes time for me to develope with anyone

that is my point i dont hug, cuddle, or show these affections unless i am certain what i feel is real and that takes time for me to develope with anyone

that's not what you stated earlier. You clearly stated matter-of-factly that you DON'T do these things...ever....and anyone who does is showing signs of weakness or something even deeper.

I don't believe that you've NEVER done any of the two. :blank:

ps why does it seem as though ur being very defensive

if im "wrong" then it shouldnt bother u as much...

...i'm pretty consistant about retorting to people that make statements such as yours when it deals with a part of who i am...if someone says something about men, greeks, older folk, etc...and i think it is incorrect or unjust, i have to jump in...

...in this case, i am a big fan of cuddling and snuggling...and a hetrosexual...so when you throw out those words "gay" and "crutch", etc...wtf do you think is gonna happen...

here's my take on it....

cuddling requires more than one person

snuggling can be done alone

you can snuggle up in your jammies under the blankets in your bed all alone(like into a little ball--all tucked in) ... but you cant "cuddle" unless someone else is w/ you

got it?

at least IMO

any agree?

yes i agree on some level

but some people turn to cuddling and other forms of affection as a sort of crutch

i dont know maybe its the people ive encountered that like cuddling, whom i thought needed to develope more as a person

ok phatman so i am twisted, ur realizing this now?? haha

if being twisted means not having the desire or need to cuddle, well i guess i am...

no marcid this is what i said

key words "some people"

and phatman how am i talking shit

i dont have the desire to cuddle etc, this is true

and ive only been affectionate with one boyfriend and well it wasnt until after 3 months of dating....

im over this thread though...

:laugh: :laugh:

damn at least someone agrees with me

thanks cintron

yeah im a souless funless bitch

wooooooohooooooo

but if u want to get into a serious conversation about my thoughts on people who like to cuddle where here they are

these people are needy of affection, a desire to be loved, and feel cuddling creates this false comfort

and that is what i call gay...

no...this is what you said. Implying that you're none of the above.

I'm not trying to fight with you, but I sincerely disagree with what you're saying...these people that are posting here...well, we're not a bunch of bumbling fools spreading love and hugs everywhere. Everyone is intitled to their opinions...but...i think you crossed a line throwing around loose insults.

just my $0.02

Originally posted by hunnie818

here's my take on it....

cuddling requires more than one person

snuggling can be done alone

you can snuggle up in your jammies under the blankets in your bed all alone(like into a little ball--all tucked in) ... but you cant "cuddle" unless someone else is w/ you

got it?

at least IMO

any agree?

no you can cuddle or snuggle alone but it is not the same. i always say to my bf that im in bed snuggling and he says WITH WHO? and i say alone and he laughs at me because you cant snuggle alone. SO U R WRONG!!! ;)

Originally posted by marcid21

no...this is what you said. Implying that you're none of the above.

I'm not trying to fight with you, but I sincerely disagree with what you're saying...these people that are posting here...well, we're not a bunch of bumbling fools spreading love and hugs everywhere. Everyone is intitled to their opinions...but...i think you crossed a line throwing around lose insults.

just my $0.02

ok man to put an end to this

i do apologize if i offended anyone, apparently i have

the people i was refering to are the type that if they are single, or dont have someone there at nite to "cuddle" with are depressed, etc

if this does not describe u

then i wasnt referring to u

the end...

Originally posted by somebitch

no you can cuddle or snuggle alone but it is not the same. i always say to my bf that im in bed snuggling and he says WITH WHO? and i say alone and he laughs at me because you cant snuggle alone. SO U R WRONG!!! ;)

what???!!! we disagree! :eek:

The planets must be out of alignment today :tongue:

ok man to put an end to this

i do apologize if i offended anyone, apparently i have

the people i was refering to are the type that if they are single, or dont have someone there at nite to "cuddle" with are depressed, etc

if this does not describe u

then i wasnt referring to u

the end...

OK

...how about one big group cuddle...i mean hug?...:tongue:;):)

...actually, i think the cp orgy is a better idea...

I don't think there's really any difference, but if I had to make one up, I'd say

Snuggling is pre-sex

Cuddling is post-sex

:D

Seriously tho, snuggling rocks... there are plenty of people I'd love to snuggle if it wasn't so strongly associated with sex.