Clubplanet Nightlife Community

U of Miami

peteyplayboy

Originally posted by dgrutman

university, sorry man this is a high school message board. we will let you know in a couple of years but just to give you a little info on the vibe at north miami beach high, well it rocks......

hell ya i went to NMB high

dont remember much was quite high all year long

As a graduate of said institution, I can say that the 'party scene' there sucks. Most of the students there just plain do not have any idea what is going on beyond a frat house kegger or a night of throwing up in the Grove or College Night at Club Deep, Level or ZNO (if it opens hehe...)...

Early on I figured out that I was wasting my time asking fellow students on what to do, so me and my small squad of friends would go to the serious clubs of the time.

Good looking girls abound, but most are daddy's little princess types, if you know what I mean....or as the tshirt says "Your little princess is my little whore!"

The academics are top-notch though.

Originally posted by pod

Umm I guess :) I liked it because you could put booze on your student account if you were 21.

I loved the Rat 'cuz my friend used to be the night manager and we would drink all the beer we wanted for free then hit the kitchen and make sandwiches after it was closed. I remember we used to get in the DJ booth and play Chemical Brother CD's or Prodigy then bring down the big screen that covered the stage and hook up the nintendo and play.....it was good times!

< ---------- UM Alumni!

I really enjoyed my 3 years at UM, except I went there for graduate school. I don't know how much fun it would be as an undergrad. Miami in general is a 21 and over town, there isn't much to do if you're underage. Coral Gables & Coconut Groove pretty much suck....nice place to live, but not really a raging 'college town.'

The campus is beautiful, the school is top-notch (excpet for the crackheads at finacial aid)....and you can't beat the weather (that's why they call it "Suntan U"). Really diverse student body too, which is really cool.

It has it's pros & cons like most schools, it really depends on what you're looking for....:idea: