Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BEST CLUB 4 A DJ ?!?!?

b-side

I'm on a MiSsIoN....

To BoLdlY Go WhErE No Dj HaS GoNe BeFoRe....

I C every-1 talking about what CLUB is the best & worst... I'a DJ, new in town..and I'm here to STAY!!! I've been up and down SOBE and the sound is all the same with a slightly different name (except for a few). From a AUDIO standpoint what club has the best sound? SOUND (not just a so-called big name DJ). But who's got the biggest AMPs & SPEAKERs ???? Best Layout & Lights ????

I've spun all over the U.S. & Europe.

Now, I'm looking for a new home......

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE "The DJ From Another Planet"™

>>>>>>>>djbside@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by b-side (edited 08-09-2000).]

I think the best system would go to the former Warsaw Ballroom or Level. I know up until recently, the system they put into what is now called Septimus had the best (according to the dj's I know). But level just redid their system, and should be better- they do have a mulit-million dollar deal with Pepsi).

Best lay-out should go to Level, since they can do so much with the club, and the DJ is up in the purch, overlooking everything. Space is also built for the DJ in their main room too.

As far as lights and other fun shit, it's a toss up between Level, Crobar and Space.

Shadow has a cool dj booth too, but I'm not impressed with the space, never have been. Expect cool things from new downtown clubs opening, as well as the former Bar Room in October.

------------------

Staff- Miami

ClubPlanet.com

i think space has the over all best sound system in miami. level uses the same basic system, but it's just not tweeked the same. level has a very small distinctive sweet spot in front of the dj booth in front of the stairs between the podiums. but once you move from that spot it dramatically decreases in quality of sound. space also has a sweet spot, but the sound is more even throughout the main room. the sweet spot at space is about 10 feet behind the mirror ball directly in the middle of the dance floor, and extends forward (towards the dj booth) til your about under the mirror ball. but even away from this location on the floor the sound is pretty even. the red room in space also has a top quality system. my only complaint is in both rooms the sound bleeds over if you're near the dj booths. crobar has a decent system, but sounds a bit muddy at times. they seem to try to over compensate for this by pushing the high frequencys to far in there. if they were to open up the main room to more dance floor instead if VIP area, and expand the monitors out away from each other (they have too much system in too small of a space) that would really allow the system to spread it's wings and just not murk it's self up. shadows system is so-so. it does it's job. doesent sound like they really tweek their system or put too much time into it. in recent months it has sounded better than in the past. then again groove jet had a crap system but something about the way that venue rumbled was just magical!

Archived