Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming to NYC for a long weekend, where can I go????

Hi there, we'll be arriving this thursday and staying until monday evening.

We were after swing'n'soul and R&B clubs. Also some of my mates are into house/uplifting house.

We were after clubs with lots of talent - ie lots of fit, attractive girls.

What would you recomend?

Well let me first say I'm a promoter, so I'll tell you my biased suggestions first, and then my unbiased suggestions.

This Friday at Centro-fly we'll be having Dimitri from Paris spinning his funky, frenchy house. Centro-fly is a good mix of people and in my opinion one of the better clubs in the city. There also will be hip-hop spun in the Pinky downstairs.

Centro's on Thursday has really good a party with house being spun.

Saturday you can hit GrooveJet which I also promote for which is old school and new school hip-hop. It's a small lounge though.

I admit I'm not an expert for swing'n'soul and R&B clubs. But a few of the top of my head could be B.B. King in midtown, 101 in the West Village, Smalls in the West Village. T

My mind is a little fried now, so if I think of more stuff later I'll post it up.

peace

centro fly all the way on Friday...Thursdays are great there too but if u like uplifting...Subliminal (Erick Morillos record label) throws a weekly party every thursday at Discotech on west 19th and 5th avenue...definitely check that out....GBH (great british house) is the party on Fridays at Centro Fly...always great, international, big name DJ's...if u remember about a month ago Mr Tong did the essential selection and essential mix live from Centro Fly on Radio1....unbelievable night...its definitely picked up the slack for the best goddamn club that got shut down (Twilo)