Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:(

i just talked to my friend. he is in the reserves. his unit got called about a month ago but they had been put on hold. waiting at training camp upstate.

he just called me from the airport. he flies out in a couple minutes to Kuwait.

i have a pit in my stomach and i am trying not to cry but i am nervous and scared. Its one thing watching everything in the news and reading in the papers but you feel a lot different when it hits close to home.

:(

i feel sorry for your friends, but i don't support their going out there...

one thing that made me sick is a story i heard from a former neighbor of mine whose fiancee is a marine. in the city i live in, there are a lot of military bases. one marine went to the beach one day and fell asleep, burning himself very badly in the process. he actually got arrested and charged with defaming government property. ie. he is the property of the government....

maybe this is an extreme case, but it makes me sick....these politicians sit on their fat asses sipping their jack declaring war on everyone...but they don't have to fight the war themselves...

these old bastards are declaring war, while our young men are dying for it....

:blown: