Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the most you have paid for a vinyl

obby

WOW, I thought I had an expensive habit. I would have sold you my copy of RITM for $10.00.

Here are the three most expensive vinyl's which I have landed.

1- Miami Jam Crew - Pretty Girls (old school skating song) bought for $50.00 from R-Fresh (Richard) back in 1997. (can't believe he charged me that and I was willing to pay)

2- Autechre - Basscadet - Box Set Consisting of 3 x 10" vinyl's on the WARP label - Also bought this one for $50.00 from a German Record Store

3- Jan Johnston - Freefall (Skydive) Break Beat Mix - This is a new one that I landed recently which cost me $30.00 and was found in Australia.

MUSIC IS MY DRUG

attachment.php?postid=1316686

only 12$ so far, for Dirty Funker "Don't Stop"... I haven't been digging into any collector's items

how about this, what's the most you've spent in one week on new records? I blew $150 once, then realized I had grabbed some stuff I didn't really need, $50-70 is more like it these days

1- Miami Jam Crew - Pretty Girls (old school skating song) bought for $50.00 from R-Fresh (Richard) back in 1997. (can't believe he charged me that and I was willing to pay)

Dammm......I remember that song..."We like..we like pretty girls"...good memories...picked up a lot of old Bass/electro..from retiring djs..but on the cheap....dont know if i can ever part with my wax..i could burn it and sell I guess...but...nahh

Havent spent much more than $13-14 for any one piece of wax...but I got some jewels over the last 9 yrs..

Dont even want to think about how much Ive droped in one shot for the weeks hot shit...

peace

david alexander

The most I ever spent for vinyl was back in my d'n'b days around the mid '90s ... it was like there was a 5-pack import collection coming out every week, at $50 a pop. Metalheadz box set is still the best package I've ever seen ... 5 records in a round metal box with the metalheads logo stamped into it. Add to that all of the SS Jazz 'n' Bass series, SS "United Colors of DNB", V Classics, Bukem's Earth Series (1 and 2), Reprezent, Andy C/Shimon "Sound in Motion", shit ... too many more to list.

The thing is, I still spend about $100 a week on imports. These days that gets me about 8 12"s of UKGarage from overseas. Damn, once a week for 10 years ... that's a lot of cash I've spent on tunes ... still can't get myself to put any of them up on e-bay :D

L8rz,

T

hmmmmmm i used to buy viny when i was into freestyle .. & i still have 60 of em.. i just thought id bring that up since we are talkin about old skool :D which by the way im selling ... ill give p all 60 of em for $100 !! cant beat that ... so if any of you are intrested in good condition oldsko freestyle just send me a pm ... peace

what!#!!!@

Originally posted by fat0ny

45$ .. Beloved - Sun Is Shining

damn nigguh. we had that shit here. you shoulda just borrowed it

fatt0ny :blown:

how dare you give away my vinyl.

Including shippin ...

$40 for Liberty City - Some Lovin (MURK003)

$40 for Fuse presents Dave Clarke 3x12

and god know show much other stuff.

$30 for Underworld - Dark N Long 2x12

Thats probably the hilights.

Guest saleen351

ok stupid question

what is the differece between EP and LP.... and i guess they can be cds too?

and why do some call vinyl, wax?

EP = Extended Play .. maybe 4 cuts usually.

LP = Long Play .. what we know as an album now a days .. 6 or 8 cuts.

Sure it can be on CD.

An artist will sometimes put out an EP first to get some different sounds out there. If that does well a full length (LP) will come out in the future.

King Unique LP out sometime this year and its gonna be good. :)